Program Coordinator, Center for Interprofessional Studies & Innovation (CIPSI), IHP STAFF
MGH Institute of Health Professions in Boston is an innovative and interprofessional graduate school with post-baccalaureate, direct entry-level master’s and doctorate, and post-professional programs in Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies, Speech-Language Pathology, Health Professions Education, and a PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences. The only degree-granting affiliate of Partners HealthCare System, the MGH Institute offers its more than 1,400 students unparalleled opportunities to learn and work alongside expert practitioners in a variety of hospital, clinical, community, and educational settings. The school, which has graduated more than 5,400 students since its 1977 founding by Massachusetts General Hospital, is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Several programs are highly ranked by U.S. News & World Report and the school has been named for the past six years as a Great College to Work for by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The Center for Interprofessional Studies and Innovation (CIPSI) is seeking a Program Coordinator who will assist the Center's general administrative and operations functions including financials, contract management, registration and enrollment management, data management and academic support. The Program Coordinator will become knowledgeable about the Institute and CIPSI, to effectively communicate and represent CIPSI programs and course offerings.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General Administrative Operations of CIPSI (75%):
- Maintains appropriate office systems, word processing, databases, drafting basic correspondence, copying, filing, processing forms and requisitions while ensuring accuracy.
- Serve as first point of contact for Online Prerequisites and other CIPSI program inquiries from prospective students by monitoring department and program email, phone, and online chat; be well versed in CIPSI program curriculum, course offerings and schedules.
- Maintains calendars and schedules appointments for CIPSI's administrative leaders.
- Manages Continuing Professional Development (CPD) course faculty and term lecturer contracts.
- Monitors: database systems for accurate program records of faculty, alumni, and program accomplishments; course syllabi, CPD catalog; and student files, event preparation, enrollment management and communication.
- Process and track purchase orders, check requests and business expense reports via online accounts payable and CPD systems. Maintain familiarity with PHS Finance policy changes and processes as needed.
- Monitor spending to stay within program budgets.
- Ability to successfully manage numerous tasks simultaneously.
- Provide co verage for the CIPSI Operations Manager, CPD Program Manager, and Provost Office staff as needed.
Program Support (25%):
Maintain, track and update student files with their CVs, biosketches, and documentation for graduation audits, while tracking student progress and programs of study. Assemble materials and compile data in preparation of both required seminars of the Health Professions Education Program (HPEd) and CPD program offerings. Attend and oversee logistics for occasional weekend and evening events. Manage relationship with bookstore for textbook lists, lab kit vendor, area hotels, and event venues. Staff and support CIPSI committees and faculty meetings by assisting in the preparation and distribution of materials. Schedule, attend, and take minutes for meetings. Support CPD Joint Accreditation Process. Facilitate HPEd student registration and CPD enrollment management. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY
Assist in supervising graduate assistants.
Assist with tracking expenses and budget monitoring.
Work is performed in an office environment under stress during peak periods of activity, deadlines, meetings, high traffic, and frequent interruptions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree preferred
1-3 years working in office environment
Familiarity with higher education a plus
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
a) Administrative Skills - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; customer-oriented; professional phone manner. Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and frequent interruptions. Good organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy and high quality presentation standards. Must be able to function as a team player and be willing to take on additional duties as requested.
b) Technical Skills - Facility with personal computers and related software applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and internet based programs such as distance learning programs, and student information systems. Needs to adapt quickly as new programs are implemented.
c) Physical Capabilities – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be mobile; handle tools or controls; and communicate. Specific abilities required by this job include close perception and the ability to adjust focus. Some travel is necessary in this position.
MGH IHP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We welcome applications from individuals who would bring diversity of experience, thought and practice to the Institute's research, teaching and clinical missions. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Primary Location: MA-Charlestown-MGH IHP
Work Locations: MGH IHP 36 First Avenue Charlestown 02129
Job: Administrative Support
Organization: Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
Standard Hours: 40
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Recruiting Department: IHP CIPSI
Job Posting: Mar 30, 2018