Help Desk Coordinator
Help Desk Coordinator
As a living, learning and working community, Susquehanna University affirms its commitment to being an engaged, culturally inclusive campus. As we seek to embody the rich diversity of the human community, we commit ourselves to the full participation of persons who represent the breadth of human difference. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Susquehanna University is a national liberal arts college committed to excellence in educating students for productive, creative and reflective lives of achievement, leadership and service in a diverse, dynamic and interdependent world. Its more than 2,200 undergraduates come from 35 states and 22 countries, and all students study away through Susquehanna's unique Global Opportunities program. Susquehanna University's 325 acre campus, noted for its beauty, is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, 50 miles north of Harrisburg in the scenic Susquehanna River Valley, about a three hour drive from Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and New York City. For more information, please visit https://www.susqu.edu.
Reports to the Manager of User Services. The Help Desk Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the operation and maintenance of the University's Help Desk. This position serves as a first point of contact when members of the campus community request services and as such, an important expectation for this position is to respond to requests in a timely, courteous, and professional manner. This position works very closely with the Help Desk Service Technicians to oversee end user support.
In consultation with the Manager of User Services and other members of the Office of Information Technology, this person performs functions and responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, the following:
•	Oversee the daily Help Desk operation and lead the group of student staff members.
•	Forward service requests to the appropriate supervisor or staff member for resolution.
•	Schedule the deployment of student technicians for diagnosing problems and on-site assistance. Plan the delivery, set-up, on-site testing and pick-up of end user technology in consultation with members of the campus community.
•	Develop telephone answering and remote troubleshooting protocols for student staff to resolve as many problems as possible via phone or remote assistance.
•	Contribute to the implementation of the planned PC replacement cycle in consultation with the IT Procurement Coordinator.
•	Hire, train, and supervise student technicians in consultation with the Manager of User Services. Meet on a regular basis with the supervisor to evaluate progress on current projects.
•	Maintain IT ticketing portal which includes suggesting changes to categories, workflows and rule configurations to improve task assignment, scheduling, and triaging; routine reporting; and follow-up on outstanding requests.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Qualified applicants must possess strong interpersonal skills and be customer service-centric. Knowledge of English language including meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar. Skilled at written and verbal communication, including formal presentation to groups. Ability to set priorities and advocate team concepts; work collaboratively with faculty and staff.
Minimum earned associate's degree is required.
Comprehensive customer service experience, and two years of technology-related service experience required. Optionally an earned bachelor's degree with two years of part-time direct customer service experience will be considered to fulfill experience requirement.
Position requires the ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time. Position requires the ability to move about the campus. Position requires the ability to talk and to hear instruction. Position requires occasional manual dexterity and the ability to use fingers, hands, and arms to feel, handle, and reach. Position requires occasional stooping, crouching and bending. Position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Working conditions are indoor.
Experience in a higher education setting preferred.
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://jobs.susqu.edu/postings/1485