Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
SUNY Delhi seeks a dynamic, forward thinking and engaging Environmental Health and Safety Specialist to the join the Facilities Department. SUNY Delhi prides itself on being a welcoming college community for all. Diversity, equity and inclusiveness are integral components of the highest quality academic programs and the strongest campus climate. The college seeks a wide range of applicants for its positions so that inclusive excellence will be affirmed.
Principal duties include:
The EHS Specialist will be responsible for coordinating fire (or life) safety systems and environmental programs including testing, inspecting, record keeping, and training. This position will work with other facilities staff, faculty, and technicians when required for complex work. Must be able to prioritize multiple projects, and work in a demanding fast-paced environment.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform duties related to EHS activities pertaining to fire alarm systems, sprinkler systems, and all life safety equipment operations and maintenance throughout campus.
- Plan, and conduct employee and student fire safety training, provide hot work training and issue and and monitor hot work permits.
- Function as the Campus NYS Building Safety Inspector.
- Perform monthly inspections of the University's Fire extinguisher program, and fire suppression systems, scheduling required inspections, coordinate repairs, and maintain mandated record keeping.
- Perform required drills, and maintain evacuation plans.
- Perform fire safety inspections, and communicate deficiencies to Facilities Department.
- Produce and maintain records and documents associated with required laws.
- Understand and interpret NY State Building Code, NY State Fire Code, NFPA, and PESH Regulations.
- Responds to emergency conditions, provide EH & S at campus events as directed, work flexible hours, including weekend and evening work if necessary.
- In addition, this position will be expected to possess written, and verbal communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work with a diverse population of students and colleagues.
- Associate in Applied Science degree in Fire Science or closely related field
- Minimum of 3 Years' experience as a fire safety specialist or closely related occupation
- Ability to read and understand construction blueprints, diagrams and specifications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience interpreting and applying EPA, NFPA, and OSHA regulations.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving items up to 50lbs.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Licensed NYS Building Safety Inspector
- NICET (National Institute of Certification in Engineering Technology) Level II Certification
- Demonstrated ability to determine training needs, organize and conduct training.
- Work Schedule: Full-time
- Reports to:
- This is a 12 month position
- Salary Grade: UUP, SL-2
- Budget Title: Staff Assistant
- This position offers full New York State UUP (FT), benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country with an excellent fringe benefits package
- Click here for more Information for Prospective Employees
- SUNY Delhi has a strong commitment to Affirmative Action and Cultural Diversity. The College welcomes responses from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
- SUNY Delhi is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
To apply, please submit:
- Letter of interest
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three professional references
To Apply: https://www.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=95697
For full consideration please apply by April 27, 2018
SUNY Delhi is an AA/EO Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/b2fgmzzp9cc6r754