Posting Number: 0000772
PS Position#: 00000972
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Starting salary range of $24,999 - $27,499 is based on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, A13. Starting salary is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Department: Shipping & Receiving
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Responsible for the pickup and delivery of products and supplies ordered by the college in support of the college mission. Assist with other departmental functions and duties upon completion of primary objectives.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Expedite products and supplies to/from vendors in Baytown, Houston, and surrounding areas.
- Pickup and deliver products and supplies to/from satellite campuses.
- Maintain accurate records pertaining to pickups and deliveries.
- Coordinate and follow-up with vendors regarding product availability to ensure satisfactory completion of pickup requests in a timely manner.
- Pickup and deliver mail to/from U.S. Post Office.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Receive and ship products and merchandise via U.S. Mail, UPS, freight companies, and other sources.
- Maintain a shipping and receiving log.
- Drive a vehicle to pick-up and deliver merchandise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clear driving record
- Must have demonstrated recordkeeping skills, as well as good interpersonal skills
- Must possess or be able to obtain a certificate to operate a forklift
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including PCs and their operations
- Must be able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Ability to work alone for extended periods and successfully complete tasks and duties with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required
- Must be able to work overtime on short notice when situations warrant
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Must carry smart phone at all times while on duty
- Must answer/respond to texts, emails, and calls in a timely manner
- Must be able to lift, carry, pull, and push objects or loads of fifty (50) pounds regularly and seventy-five (75) pounds occasionally
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle for extended periods of time
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work from heights
- Must be able to ascend and descend a ladder
- Must be able to perform work with speed and accuracy
- One (1) year of experience in shipping & receiving/warehouse operations
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Close Date: 4/18/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/4781
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.