Academic Project Specialist – Allied Health
Edison State Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the full-time position of Academic Project Specialist - Allied Health. The Academic Project Specialist (APS) will manage various projects, coordinate processes, and provide secretarial support for the Dean of Professional and Technical Programs, as well as provide backup support to the other APS's. The APS is required to work with minimal supervision and expected to keep a level of confidentiality regarding all areas managed by the Dean of Professional and Technical Programs. The APS uses problem-solving skills to effectively help students, staff and external contacts.
To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, and transcripts when completing their online application.
Edison State Community College is an EOE/AA Employer
- Serves as a receptionist in the Allied Health office. Answers all internal and external phone calls and general walk-in questions or concerns regarding Allied Health programs and provide information as appropriate.
- Make appointments for students with appropriate faculty advisor or student service representative.
- Maintains expenditure records and budget files.
- Provides customer support to faculty/students and forwards customer complaints to the appropriate Dean and/or redirects to appropriate personnel.
- Provides backup for the other APSs as needed.
- Coordinates meetings of advisory committees, and/or clinical education committees for Allied Health programs; record, prepare, and distribute minutes.
- Schedule and take minutes of department meetings as appropriate.
- Provide secretarial support to the Dean and faculty including scheduling appointments, answering phone calls, preparing purchase requisitions, filing, typing, proofreading, faxing, document preparation (program handbooks, assessment reports, accreditation reports, clinical agreements, etc.) and other office related tasks.
- Access information in Colleague to generate reports, queries, and printouts.
- Support the faculty, staff, and students, internal and external customers with problem solving and appropriate action.
- Prepare student and course information as needed, including rosters, transcripts, and schedules.
- Establish and maintain a database of Allied Health program applicants, including all applicant records. Prepare documents for the selection committee, notify applicants of acceptance decision, and enter applicant information into Colleague.
- Manage new student entrance process including scheduling advising appointments, preparing enrollment forms, making photo ID badges and compiling health requirements.
- Coordinate program uniforms through the bookstore and criminal background checks through the Administrative Assistant to the VP of Administration and Finance.
- Maintain Allied Health office records including confidential student files, student health requirements, clinical contracts, meeting minutes, official accreditation and certification record, official correspondence, academic records/competencies, instructor and facility evaluations and advisory committee records.
- Conduct and record mid and end of term equipment inventory/inspection for assigned Allied Health departments. Report inconsistencies to the Directors or the Dean. Maintain equipment inspection/inventory logs electronically.
- Verify, and record (Blackboard) Allied Health's student health requirements.
- Update and maintain program handbooks and clinical education handbooks for Allied Health as received from the Directors.
- Produce clinical agency agreements for Allied Health programs, maintain records, and initiate new agreements as required by program Directors or the Dean.
- Establish and maintain the database of Allied Health program clinical agreements and data bank of area clinics and clinicians.
- Schedule departmental environmental and/or biohazard waste pick-up as needed.
- Work with faculty to update Allied Health OBRs and syllabi as needed.
- Make update requests for the Allied Health's academic program pages and course descriptions on Edison's website through site maintenance.
- Assist the program Directors in the preparation of Allied Health's accreditation documents as needed for periodic review and prepare needed reports for submission.
- Coordinate student, graduate, and employer surveys for Allied Health programs.
- Maintain records related OSHA blood borne pathogens training.
- Obtain quotes from outside vendors for laboratory supplies; track orders and troubleshoot as necessary; refrigerate items when necessary for product safety.
- Other duties/projects as assigned by the Dean.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Qualifications:
Person must be service oriented, able to work as a team, able to maintain a level of confidentiality, able to multi-task, have effective problem solving abilities, be organized, have the ability to work independently and able to easily resume work after interruptions, and possess excellent computer skills. Experience with administrative, relational database, and course management software is preferred. Edison currently uses Microsoft Office, Colleague, and Blackboard.
3 - 5 years office experience.
Required Educational Background:
Supervises following staff: