Equipment Mechanic I
Los Rios Community College District
Equipment Mechanic I
Job Posting Number: C00554P
Salary: $4,423.16 per month
Closing Date: 04/18/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6724
The entry-level class of series. Incumbents under general leadership perform skilled repairs on small equipment; assist Equipment Mechanic II in performing skilled equipment repairs; pick up repair parts as directed. [For a detailed job description for this SEIU (Blue Collar) posting posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Facilities Management Transportation department.
● Incumbents trained and knowledgeable in ignition and computer electronic systems diagnostics.
● Diagnose and make necessary repairs on all district vehicles and other equipment.
● Knowledge & familiarity of diagnostic tools & equipment.
● Smog and automotive tune-up technical skills and qualifications.
● Inspects and diagnoses mechanical defects in machines and equipment, disassemble motors.
● Repairs and replaces parts, may order necessary parts and materials.
● May fabricate or repair machinery parts by cutting and grinding metal to precise dimensions.
● Reconditions and adjusts ignition and carburetor systems.
● Repairs and adjusts transmissions and differentials.
● Repairs and adjusts air and hydraulic brakes.
● Rebuilds and repairs small engines and power tools.
● Assembles and tests new and repaired equipmen.
● Sets up and operates all standard machine tools including drill press, sharpener, and grinders.
● Ability to set up and perform smog inspection and repairs.
● Moves, installs and services mechanical equipment.
● Does lubrication, oil changes, and battery maintenance.
● Changes, repairs, and balances tires on district vehicles including dump trucks and specialized equipment.
● Analyzes and repairs hybrid vehicles.
● Diagnoses and repairs electric carts.
● Repairs electrical ignition systems.
● Makes service calls for emergency repairs.
● May do welding.
● Requisitions parts and materials.
● Instructs subordinates.
● Assigns and reviews work.
● Maintains operating and repair records.
● Performs related work as required.
Possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s License in compliance with Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343; employment is contingent upon meeting the requirements of Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343. This position may require operating a District or personal vehicle in order to complete assigned work within the scope of the position duties. Possession of a valid California Class A license within 6 months of employment.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a medical evaluation and drug tests.
Subject to random drug testing once employed.
EXPERIENCE: Equivalent to completion of apprenticeship in the trade, plus two years of experience as a skilled mechanic of small equipment or two years experience as a maintenance technician in the Los Rios District with demonstrated skill in mechanical repair work.
EDUCATION: Equivalent of two years of college-level course work in automotive repair may be substituted for one year of experience.
Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.