Los Rios Community College District
Job Posting Number: C00569P
Salary: $4,332.80 per month
Closing Date: 4/18/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6769
Under direction with minimum supervision, performs complex technical and analytical accounting, budgeting, and other financial or statistical activities within a department of the business services administration. These positions are typically assigned to accounting, budget, payroll, insurance, student attendance, financial aid or other business areas where the technical nature of the job requires in-depth understanding of these functions thus, not all duties listed apply to all positions.[For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to Grants & Contracts in the Business Services department.
● Adapts accounting and record keeping functions to computerized accounting systems.
● Analyzes records of financial transactions to determine accuracy and completeness of entries and makes additions and corrections.
● Establishes budget numbers and codes transactions to appropriate budget numbers.
● Provides technical assistance in the analysis of accounting and other fiscally related issues within the designated business services department and for other departments.
● Assists in the development of specifications; develops computer applications such as spreadsheet and word processing applications; and uses a variety of computer accounting and office software programs.
● Performs accounting duties in the overall establishment, maintenance, and control of accounts, cash, and funds of the District, including management of vault activity and assists in department’s organization and workflow.
● Processes the collection of returned checks including maintenance of student records.
● Reviews transactions for compliance with District procedures, board policies, Education Code provisions and other State, Federal, and regulations.
● Prepares financial reports and analysis for accounting, budget, payroll, and personnel matters including reporting for categorical programs.
● Performs the annual closing and reopening of the District’s campus-based accounts.
● Audits contracts, and prepares reports to substantiate transactions prior to settlement as needed.
● Serves as a lead for Account Clerks and other staff.
● Maintains, and analyzes budgets, and prepares periodic reports comparing budgeted to actual costs including the preparation and submission of complex budget and journal entries.
● Prepares required analyses, working trial balances, and other schedules required for the District’s annual audit.
● Computes taxes owed, ensures compliance with tax payment, reporting, and other tax requirements.
● Assists in the improvement of District fiscal processes and procedures.
● Uses budgeting, cost, general, property, and tax accounting systems.
● Inventories real property and equipment, and records description, value, location, depreciation, and other information.
● Reviews submitted grants and contracts for budget, contract language, and compliance issues, and requests changes as necessary.
● May act as full-charge accountant for the bookstore including responsibility for cash management.
● May maintain store payroll records, including the preparation and processing of time sheets.
● May act as full-charge accountant for campus-based funds including college foundation.
● Performs related duties as required.
EXPERIENCE: One year of technical experience in finance, budget and/or accounting, including experience in data processing applications.
EDUCATION: Completion of the requirements for a bachelor’s degree in business with a major in accounting or a related field from an accredited college or university; OR, satisfactory completion of 60 semester units of course work which includes elementary and advanced accounting, auditing, cost accounting, data processing and business law with three years of increasingly responsible experience in finance, budget and/or accounting.
Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.