Football Video Coordinator - TEMPORARY INTERMITTENT POSITION
Job ID: 24155
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job Code: 0810
Department: Athletics Video Operations
Classification: Media Production Specialist - II
Salary Range: $3,515 - $5,704
FLSA status: Nonexempt
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
About the Position
**This is a Temporary Intermittent Appointment**
The Football Video Coordinator works independently to provide video technology support for the football coaching staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with numerous cameras and equipment (DSLR, HD Camcorders) to record practices, game and miscellaneous content. Troubleshoot and perform basic maintenance on equipment. Shoot practices and games from ground level perspective to create highlight packages. Recommend new video equipment as needed.
- Create high quality, high impact content for social media accounts and in-house productions. Conceptualize, coordinate, write, shoot, and edit videos for SJSU Football social media accounts, and game day video boards. Create motion graphics for use in video content.
- Work with XOS Thunder to edit practices, games, cutups, and clinics in an efficient, effective manner. Help with packing for travel, setting up meeting rooms, and having computers ready for coaches to view media at road games. Assist in support of 30+ client network, including software and hardware upgrades and implementation as related to video applications. Supports windows and Mac products.
- Provide leadership during practices and games. Assist in monitoring, training and recruiting student workers. Delegate and oversee projects accordingly. Develop and implement best working procedures. Troubleshoot issues in the field during practices and games.
- Assist in digital and analog archiving of all practice and game video content recorded by department. Keep archive well-organized so content is easily accessible.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor's degree in a related field and a minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible full time work experience in still and motion picture photography, including a thorough knowledge of video production techniques. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Football video experience in an athletics setting
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of production techniques and equipment. General knowledge of production principles and practices for instructional media.
- Thorough knowledge of full range of production techniques including sound recording, graphics, television, photography, videotaping, lighting, editing methods and equipment.
- Ability to set up and operate a wide variety of production equipment, including set-up for multi-camera video productions and distance learning classrooms.
- Ability to learn techniques in the development of television, film, radio or multimedia productions.
- Ability to understand operating procedures and underlying technology in order to use and troubleshoot equipment and systems.
- Basic computer skills to operate digital and analog production-related editing and duplication equipment.
- Solid writing and editing skills, including a strong foundation in English grammar.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain working relationships with staff and students.
- Ability to work with and train students involved in production projects.
- Experience with XOS Thunder/Final Cut or Premiere
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written as well as attention to details.
June 30, 2017
Application Screening begins July 14, 2017
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material:
Letter of interest
Letter of Reference
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Note To Applicant
Every applicant who reaches the final level of interviews will be required to complete a background check. The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046