Administrative Support Coordinator
Job ID: 24171
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1035
Department: School of Social Work
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator - I
Salary Range: $2,846 - $4,619
FLSA status: Nonexempt
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
About the Position
The Administrative Support Coordinator will work independently, under general supervision, to maintain the efficient operations of the Field Education Program and assist in the overall workings of the School of Social Work.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain regular communication with agency internship instructors (FIs) and Faculty Internship Liaisons (Faculty Field Liaisons);
- Coordinate and process office expenditures and travel related expenses; interface between Analyst's office and Field Director.
- Assist with meetings related to the School and the Field Education Office.
- Respond to student inquiries related to their academic requirements and their academic records. Work with software such as PeopleSoft to access and utilize student information, including lifting advisement and probation flags, obtaining transcript and grade records when necessary.
- Research, troubleshoot, and resolve academic/administration-related problems for students and faculty. Maintain curriculum files for undergraduate (including minors) and graduate students to facilitate advising, student progress to degree and graduation. Assist the School Director and other coordinators with verifying information on graduation forms.
- Oversee maintenance of students' records.
- Work with Admissions and Records and Institutional Research to obtain semester reports and census lists of new and current students in the School.
- Provide information and guidance to students. Refer curriculum and advising issues to appropriate personnel in the School.
- Manage all electronic systems including designing, coordinating, updating and monitoring student, FFL, and agency databases, including IPT, and the uploading of internship and service learning descriptions into IPT by students, assisting in implementing software program for student internship evaluations.
- Assist in designing, updating and publishing student handbooks, School policy and Procedures manuals, and similar documents.
- Coordinate the production and organization of documents related to internship, service learning and advising for the programs needed for accreditation.
- Oversee the collection of documents for the programs associated with the internships and student services.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement Qualtrics and/or 360 evaluations and other software for all students in the programs.
- Update and monitor agency files, coordinate with agencies in order to process applications, practicum agreements and internship and service learning profiles.
- Assist in the internship and service learning placement planning process.
- Assess future needs associated with internship and service learning and makes recommendations for change and improvements.
- Assist with School of Social Work website coordinators for internship and student service related information.
Education and Experience
Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents and two years of related office work experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year of administrative support experience within a social services setting.
- Administrative experiences coordinating an office commensurate to the Department of Field Education.
- Demonstrated experience working within a diverse environment and effectively communicating across multiple different contexts.
- Demonstrated ability to handle high volume of tasks and demands including multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience providing advice, support, and information to students.
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge of software skills including word-processing, database management including internship tracking software, spreadsheets, PeopleSoft, website management, and graphics.
- Experience with travel authorizations and reimbursements.
- Experience organizing and coordinating events.
- Experience handling external communication especially with placement agencies regarding practicum agreements and placement needs.
- Demonstrated experience effectively working as part of team with the ability to work independently.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize, plan work, events, and projects.
- Excellent organizational skills sufficient to handle heavy workload, multiple projects with frequent interruptions, and schedule changes.
- Ability to manage and update social media and web sites for the School.
- Ability to perform standard business math, calculate ratios, track financial data, and make simple projections.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply a variety of state, federal, CSU and SJSU policies and procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve most office and customer-related problems.
- Ability to use a broad range of technology, systems and packages including but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Google programs, etc.
- Ability to use Learning Management Systems (i.e., Canvas).
- Ability to work with the general public, faculty, staff and students in a competent, diplomatic and open communication style.
- Knowledge of campus procedures, including experience, or ability to learn, (CMS) PeopleSoft campus system.
- Knowledge of software applications such as Word, Excel, database management systems, and web maintenance and design programs.
- Strong oral communication skills and customer service skills.
- Through knowledge of professional general business office procedures and practices.
- Verbal skills sufficient to give clear, concise, and accurate information.
- Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of or ability to quickly learn about the OU Campus program, and ability to implement and manage information as it requires adjustment and change.
- Working knowledge of software applications such as Word, Excel, database management systems, and other software used for database purposes.
July 6, 2017
Application Screening begins July 20, 2017
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material:
Letter of interest
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Note To Applicant
Every applicant who reaches the final level of interviews will be required to complete a background check. The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046