Associate Registrar, Enrollment Imaging and Archive Operations
Job ID: 24239
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 3312
Department: Office of the Registrar
Classification: Administrator II
Anticipated Hiring Salary: Commensurate with experience
FLSA status: Exempt
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
About the Position
Reporting to the University Registrar, the Associate Registrar for Enrollment Imaging and Archive Operations provides leadership and management functions for the successful and accurate processing of documents and completion of associated processes. The incumbent is responsible for developing and maintaining any documentation relevant to the units operational responsibilities; directly manages business processes that involve data entry, imaging/verification and EDI (electronic data interchange), and data interface with various databases such as PeopleSoft, On base or comparable workflow management systems, and/or other student record databases. The incumbent works closely and collaboratively with all Enrollment Services units, divisional IT staff, and campus community constituents to define and accomplish desired outcomes; ensures adherence to applicable policies at the federal, state system and campus levels; provides direct supervisory oversight over operational staff as well as quality leadership that motivates and rewards staff, produces quality work within a student centered customer service environment, and meets university deadlines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluates effectiveness of operational processes to consistently improve the efficiency of the unit.
- Make recommendations to improve operational processes either in systems or staffing requirements.
- Assesses and evaluates the implemented technology policies and solutions from a strategic and operational perspective for each of our customers, and makes recommendations in accordance with best practices for development and improvement.
- Assists with the establishment and implementation of short and long range unit goals, objectives, policies and operational procedures.
- Assists in the development, management, and implementation of a strategic plan to enhance customer services via imaging technology for students, staff, faculty and administrators.
- Works with divisional IT staff and other technical groups on campus to ensure a consistent and efficient flow of data between the imaging system and other systems on campus such as PeopleSoft and FileMaker, and external systems such as Cal State Apply, XAP, and other web-based interfaces such as JST, WES, Parchment, E-scrip safe, Credential Solutions, and the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Manages any necessary testing of the imaging system and its interaction with other softwares in use on campus such as PeopleSoft.
- Manages a team of Lead staff members, staff members, and student assistants involved in the imaging and archive operations.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive training documents for all aspects of Enrollment Operations functions including, but not limited to: technical documentation of processing utilizing various databases such as On Base, Filemaker, SPEEDE, Parchment, e-scrip safe, Credential Solutions, WES, JST, and National Student Clearinghouse. This includes step by step documentation, process mapping, and updating when changes are made.
This is a position in the CSU - Management Personnel Plan (MPP), and serves at the pleasure of the President. This position will require adherence to University compliance training such as: Conflict of Interest and Ethics, AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention, Information Security, and Injury and Illness Prevention Program. The person hired for this position may be required to complete an outside employment disclosure statement in accordance with Title V of the California Code of Regulations.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible full-time professional work experience in a records related environment is required
- Three of the five years must include experience in operational management, complex information databases management and/or imaging technology management, and data analysis
- Previous supervisory experience
- Master's Degree preferably in Information Systems
- Administrative experience, leadership, and accomplishments in a records operations unit in a high volume and fast paced environment.
- Experience with student information systems/databases, including PeopleSoft and Imaging softwares.
- Experience with developing, documenting, and implementing technical processes and project plans.
- Experience developing and utilizing metrics to analyze and improve business processes.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience working in a collective bargaining environment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Superior knowledge of student record databases.
- Ability to examine and re-engineer operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments. Demonstrated ability to foster an environment of professional development, performance standards, and cooperation.
- Ability to establish and maintain successful strategic collaborations across departments and divisions within the university.
- Ability to perform accurately and efficiently in a detail-oriented, fast-paced environment. Must be able to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects for self and team. Ability to carry out very complex assignments without detailed instructions.
- Ability to analyze and define complex organizational, policy or procedural problems, collect and evaluate data, draw valid conclusions and project consequences of various alternative courses of action.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible to changes and frequent interruptions, and to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to perform complex tasks involving independent judgment, and ability to plan, coordinate and initiate actions necessary to implement administrative or group decisions or recommendations.
- Ability to identify, develop, and coordinate plans for use of resources (e.g., staffing, budget, and materials) and to define procedures for ongoing administration and maintenance.
- Ability to effectively lead others and communicate with diverse individuals.
- Ability to interpret and evaluate results to develop sound conclusions and recommend new or revised policies.
September 5, 2017
Application Screening begins September 25, 2017
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material:
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Note To Applicant
Every applicant who reaches the final level of interviews will be required to complete a background check. The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046