Job ID: 24400
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 0420
Department: Marketing & Communications IES
Classification: Information Technology Consultant - Career
Anticipated Salary Range: $4,372/month - $5,700/month
Salary Range: $4,372/month - $9,877/month
FLSA status: Exempt
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
About the Position
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, Communications, and Outreach and receiving work lead direction from the Web and Data Specialist, the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) Administrator is responsible for the development and maintenance of the CRM and third party applications/add-ons for the College of International and Extended Studies (CIES) in support of its outreach and programs. This position works on day-to-day CRM related tasks, as well as long-term planning and strategy in CRM improvement. The CRM Administrator is largely responsible for the maintenance of CIES CRM, ensuring data quality, and end user support. This position develops the configuration of the CRM modules, workflow, forms, fields, views, reports, and dashboards and the daily maintenance of the CRM for CIES.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Gather, identify, and analyze program needs to incorporate them into the CRM software.
- Evaluate and configure CRM system, and create process documentation and data directory for CRM.
- Setup CRM architecture, and integration of SJSU databases for automated processes and applications.
- Develop and implement functional tests for customized fields and objects, and maintain CRM for daily usage.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and devising immediate and long-term solutions.
- Monitor data quality, data migration, and data integration, including data accuracy and completeness across accounts, contacts, opportunities, etc.
- Manage and work to eliminate duplication in accounts, contacts and/or processes.
- Develop the creation of long-term strategic goals for high data quality and appropriate data use.
- Develop the system upgrade and new third party applications/add-ons for improved or new functionalities.
- Administrate user access and data access, and create reports and dashboards in CRM.
- Create detailed end user documentation and resources for internal and external staff.
- Provide technical support to end users, diagnosing and resolving problems.
- Develop end user training material and provide training for key users with varying skill levels.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or similar certified coursework in applicable fields of study and three years of experience supporting information systems and technology.
- Experience in CRM or relational database/data management (Experience in Salesforce is a plus)
- Experience creating system documentation and conducting user training
- Experience with troubleshooting system, process and data issues
- Detail-oriented skills (as evidenced by application materials)
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience providing customer service in person, email, or over the phone
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge in CRM and other database
- Knowledge and understanding of relational database and database structure
- Ability to analyze program needs and match with CRM abilities and/or third party applications
- Ability to customize CRM workflow, forms, fields, modules, views, reports, and dashboards
- Familiarity in configuration and maintaining CRM user security roles and privileges
- Knowledge of system utilities, features, installation, and maintenance
- Knowledge of data integrity and able to performing data check and cleaning
- Knowledge of data administration principles and techniques
- Ability to analyze and research data and methods of access
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot system errors and interface malfunctions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to coordinate with vendor and IT to resolve issues
- Knowledge of campus systems and database
- Ability to integrate multiple applications and/or systems
- Ability to apply consultative skills to assess user needs and provide appropriate support
- Knowledge of training theory and practices demonstrated by an ability to develop and deliver technical training and user documentation
- Excellent written and oral communication, and customer service skills
- Ability working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Understanding of marketing automation and communication plan
- Ability to build web forms and communication templates
January 22, 2018
Application Screening begins February 12, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material:
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Note To Applicant
Every applicant who reaches the final level of interviews will be required to complete a background check. The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046