Enrollment Services Operations Coordinator
Job ID: 24423
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1035
Department: Office of the Registrar
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator I
Salary Range: $2,846/month - $4,711/month
FLSA status: Non - Exempt
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
About the Position
Reporting to the University Registrar, Enrollment and Imaging Operations, and receiving work lead direction from the Imaging Lead, the Enrollment Services Operations Coordinator performs a full range of moderately complex to complex office and administrative support functions for the Enrollment Services Department. Working independently, under general supervision, the Enrollment Services Operations Coordinator is primarily responsible for coordinating a variety of interrelated workflow processes to ensure the timely receipt, scanning, referral and processing of transcripts, and applications and all documents related to the admission/graduation process for undergraduate and graduate admission, transfer credit and graduation as well as updating of records using imaging technology and computerized databases. This position is also responsible for prepping, indexing and scanning of documents for archived records to ensure that student information is electronically stored based on the Records Retention Schedule at San Jose State University.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates, implements, and maintains clerical, administrative and customer support functions for all aspects of admissions services document management.
- Coordinates transcript receipting and data/workflow processing.
- Coordinates extraction of transcript data using optical character recognition templates or manual data entry, when appropriate.
- Coordinates the compilation, tracking, and timely receipt of all documents required to process applications for admission and graduation.
- Completes and maintains student admission status, and document verification/editing via computerized system.Coordinates and monitors the set-up, mapping, testing, and implementation of all document transactions.
- Reviews reports for document coding/analysis accuracy and makes corrections.
- Coordinates workflow with the Admissions and Operations Unit for the timely completion of data entry, admission edits and completion of files in preparation for evaluation.
Education and Experience
Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents and two years of related office work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience providing customer service in a records environment (ex: police, hospital, insurance, etc.).
- Experience in a high volume customer service environment.
- Experience with databases (i.e.: SIS, OnBase, PeopleSoft, FileMaker Pro, Excel Spreadsheets) or comparable databases.
- Strong written communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of office methods, procedures and practices.
- Thorough English grammar, business writing, punctuation and spelling.
- Ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports.
- Thorough knowledge of software applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, and database management.
- Knowledge of, or ability to, quickly acquire knowledge of, forms and documents needed to complete applications for admissions and graduation.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn and effectively use scanners and other digital imaging technology for electronic document storage, indexing and retrieval.
- Ability to verify and interpret academic transcripts from high schools and institutions of higher education.
- Ability to analyze and review a wide variety of documents and forms for accuracy and completeness and to process them in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to perform standard business math, track financial data, and make simple projections.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret regulations and requirements and apply them in a production process.
- Ability to handle effectively a broader range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature.
- Ability to apply a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist.
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment.
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects.
- Knowledge of customer service standards, principles, and practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
February 15, 2018
Application Screening begins March 5, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material:
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Note To Applicant
Every applicant who reaches the final level of interviews will be required to complete a background check. The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046