Administrative Support Coordinator
Job ID: 24472
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1035
Department: New Student & Family Programs
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator II
Salary Range: $3,115/month - $5,161/month
FLSA status: Non - Exempt
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
About the Position
The Administrative Support Coordinator will support the mission of New Student and Family Programs by assisting with administrative duties that support orientation, transition and campus connection programs for both students and family members. The Coordinator will be an initial point of contact between SJSU and students and family members seeking information about orientation and/or family programs at the campus. This position will provide support to the programs, staff, students and family members involved with New Student and Family Programs and will oversee effective operations, budget support, and quality customer service in-person, as well as via phone and email.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain consistent staff coverage of the office space, phone lines and email addresses maintained by New Student and Family Programs, including selecting, training and evaluating student assistants, preparing schedules for assistants and monitoring the payroll and budget for these assistants.
- Plan, organize and review/adjust the workflow of student assistants, including working with the department director and staff to ensure student assistant time is being properly utilized.
- Produce memos, letters, reports, complete complex forms, questionnaires, and other materials using applicable computer software.
- Collaborate with a broad campus network of offices and departments to plan their involvement in New Student and Family Programs.
- Assist with meeting and program preparation including space reservations, room set up, A/V, and other presentation needs.
- Oversee budget/accounting paperwork and processes for New Student and Family Programs. Prepare requisitions, advise on obtaining bids for certain purchases, obtain invoices and receipts, make deposits and process/reconcile all accounts using campus or CSU processes and systems, as applicable.
Education and Experience
Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents and three years of related office work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Five plus years of experience working in higher education setting
- One year of experience in managing program registration
- One year of experience with budget management, reconciliation, and forecasting
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to handle a large volume of public contacts and deliver the highest quality of customer service.
- Ability to use judgment, initiative, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to learn departmental budgeting and forecasting, program and event fees, and student assistant salaries.
- Thorough English grammar, business writing, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports.
- Thorough knowledge of software applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, and database management.
- Knowledge of, or ability to, quickly acquire knowledge of, forms and documents needed to complete applications for admissions and graduation.
- Ability to learn and effectively use a broader range of technology systems and packages; MS Office Suite, CASHNet, PeopleSoft, and Web Content Management Systems, including OmniUpdate.
- Ability to analyze and review a wide variety of documents and forms for accuracy and completeness and to process them in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to handle effectively a broader range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature.
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment.
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize, and plan work and projects.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with employees and external agencies.
- Ability to pay attention to details, as well as multitask and remain flexible in changing and unanticipated situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
February 23, 2018
Application Screening begins March 19, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material:
Letter of interest
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Note To Applicant
Every applicant who reaches the final level of interviews will be required to complete a background check. The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046