Director, Auxiliary Services Portfolio Manager
Responsible for developing/administering policies and procedures, budgetary decisions, extensive scope/impact of decisions on both internal and external contacts. This level position will be responsible for a subdivision/sub-unit of a department.
- The Auxiliary Services Portfolio Manager works closely with the Auxiliary Services leadership to develop and execute policy, strategic planning, enhance customer relationships and provide project management direction ensuring alignment with University and Divisional objectives, mission and vision.
- This position will provide project management support for Auxiliary Services. This will include supporting project efforts for Auxiliary projects as well as major campus projects that intersect with Auxiliary through developing and implementing comprehensive project plans and developing standard project management deliverables, identifying critical path decisions, making recommendations and influencing others in order to maximize project success.
- Portfolio Management for Auxiliary Services for project, resource tracking and reporting
- This position will be responsible for improving communication, issue resolution, decreasing turnaround time, and streamlining project deliverables.
- In addition, the position will work collaboratively and jointly with stakeholders to provide quality seamless customer service, build partnering relationships and bring projects to successful and ontime completion.
- Business Process Analysis and Analytics: as-needed review of current business processes for redesign and understanding of ROI
- Requirements gathering: as-needed gathering of preliminary functional or technical requirements for Auxiliary initiatives
- Supervision of the Auxiliary support project manager
The successful candidate should have 2 years project management experience in an IT related field, be detail-oriented, able to work independently, able to meet deadlines, and demonstrate excellent teamwork, interpersonal skills, communication, and problem solving skills.
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check and MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf and http://www.usg.edu/hr/manual/motor_vehicle_use for policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and 5+ years comparable/related experience; management/supervisory skills are required.
- Familiarity with IT business processes in higher education preferred
- Familiarity with Auxiliary Systems in higher education preferred
- Prior experience with technology planning and portfolio management highly desirable.
- Experience using the TeamDynamix HE project management platform is desirable.
- Successful candidate should be detail-oriented, able to work independently, able to meet deadlines, and demonstrate excellent teamwork, interpersonal skills, communication, and problem solving skills.