Enterprise System Developer
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
GW Libraries and Academic Innovation (GWLAI) is a catalyst, a spark to generate new ideas and new possibilities. Responsive to the changing landscape of information and education, being sensitive both to traditional and emergent modes of communication, we bring together diverse constituents of faculty, students, and staff in a highly collaborative, dynamic, and deeply engaged intellectual community to support research, teaching and learning. As part of the larger George Washington University, we are a nexus where exciting things happen, where change happens, where growth happens. Reporting to the Director, Institutional Technologies, the Enterprise Systems Developer works within the Academic Technologies Department.
The Enterprise Systems Developer will:
- Participate in the review and definition of systems or job stream problems with department or user staff, and provide support for SAS (creation of the CD images for distribution, technical support on the installation of SAS).
- Design, develop, test, correct, and document application and utility programs in assembly and/or high-level languages for batch and/or on-line systems.
- Support the implementation of student response systems, and provide support for the 5 servers in the ITL (streaming, file sharing and T&D).
- Provide technical programming advice and assistance in the operational use of computer programs and systems to user personnel. Specifically, provide support for the 50 plus lab, training room and staff computers; this includes creating images, network and security patches.
- Provide walk in support for faculty using the Blackboard CMS/ R&D identifying new tools and resources. Provides support in the areas of multimedia development.
- Conduct systems analysis and design and/or systems programming.
- Analyze, document, and maintain existing program job streams.
- Review and modify systems programs as needed to correct utility or application programs.
The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning additional responsibilities that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Experienced with Git and either Github or Bitbucket.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL, Oracle SQL, PostgreSQL, or equivalent RDBMS.
Experience administering Windows and Linux servers.
- Experience deploying and maintaining Mac and PC desktops.
- Experience with Blackboard Learn a plus.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: University Libraries Family Information Technology Sub-Family Enterprise Systems - Development Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: 8:30am to 5:30pm Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007103 Job Open Date: 03/29/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your salary range expectation?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Does the professional experience section of your resume include months?
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter