Education Coordinator, Senior
Working Title: Education Coordinator, Senior
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Radiology
Posting Date: 03-29-2018
The Department of Radiology & Medical Imaging is seeking a highly motivated and organized individual to provide educational administrative support in coordinating medical student education and fellowship programs. The incumbent must be efficient and keep abreast of policies and procedures related to education training and program activities. Incumbent also coordinates Undergraduate and Graduate Medical Education programs to include coordinating daily activities related to evaluations, duty hours, portfolios, schedules, curriculum, other related functions, as well as tracking educational learning and reporting requirements. Incumbent also provides administrative support to the education Directors, Education Manager, fellows, and medical students.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent. A combination of education and experience in lieu of degree may be considered. At least two years of experience, preferably providing administrative support to a medical education program is required. Without a Bachelor's Degree, a total of 10 years of experience is required. Experience in a fast-paced healthcare environment is preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Advanced knowledge of medical policies, procedures, and standards. Ability to conduct activities and make decisions according to ethical standards. Ability to advise other professionals on policy and procedures.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of NIH grants and funding processes. Ability to synthesize information, provide advice, and address needs independently. Advanced knowledge of institution history and practices within subject matter area.
3. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions. Proven ability to clearly articulate specific information in the funding and development of medical education. Ability to present information in multiple forums to a range of audiences.
4. Ability to work independently or as part of a team. Work with senior leaders to accomplish goals. Ability to lead, train, and functionally supervise. Ability to mentor medical students.
5. Ability to oversee the implementation and modification of technological components. Ability to access and present information to University employees, faculty, and senior leaders.
6. Understand and articulate the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84234