Intermediate Administrative Coordinator
Working Title: Intermediate Administrative Coordinator
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Radiology
Posting Date: 03-29-2018
The Department of Radiology & Medical Imaging seeks a dynamic Administrative Coordinator. Position provides advanced administrative support, oversees minor renovations, work orders, relocations, and overall facilitates coordination as well as completes special projects. Position schedules appointments and make travel arrangements; coordinates meetings and conferences; composes general correspondence and facilitates data management. Position also answers multiple phone lines, proofreads and edits documents. Position collects, compiles, analyzes, and summarizes data as well as to provide specialized reports that are needed to support Department activities.
Qualifications: High School Diploma and at least four years of administrative-related experience. A Bachelors Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business, or related field will be considered in lieu of experience. Experience in a fast-paced healthcare environment is also preferred.
This is a restricted position and contingent on future funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to follow established policies and procedures and adhere to regulatory guidelines in daily work.
2. Ability to independently research topics pertaining to administrative support, analyzing, evaluating, applying and presenting information, and providing advice.
3. Demonstrated thoughtful and appropriate oral and written communication in daily interactions.
4. Ability to follow directions and work effectively as part of a team, provide direct support to leaders as needed, and manage special projects.
5. Knowledge of basic computer applications and various database and software programs.
6. Basic knowledge of the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
7. Demonstrate firm grasp of allowable costs for financial reconciliations across multiple fund sources.
8. Ability to independently research topics pertaining to operational area and make recommendations and implement accordingly. Ability to understand the organizational impact of individual actions.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84233