Administrative Services Assistant 3 (UCP 4)
Job Title: Administrative Services Assistant 3 (UCP 4)
Job ID: 2018482
Location: Storrs Campus
The Eversource Energy Center is seeking applicants for the position of Administrative Services Assistant 3, UCP 4. This is a 12-month, full-time appointment. The successful candidate will serve as a point of contact for the Eversource Energy Center and will perform administrative and financial functions for the Center with funding from private, state, federal grant and contract sources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains and monitors Center and grant budgets; review transactions for accuracy, completeness and compliance with regulations, policies and procedures; monitors and approves expenditures; processes fiscal paperwork.
- Assist faculty Principal Investigators (PI) for grant post award to monitor budgets and ensure compliance with regulations and policies at the University, state and federal levels as well as the requirements of the Sponsored Programs Services (SPS) and funding agencies.
- Responsible for making all necessary arrangements for meetings, conferences and travel; arranges for and implements, as directed, conferences, seminars, committee meetings, assisting as required.
- Record encumbrances and expenditures to process all necessary paperwork, including payroll records, purchasing, disbursements, travel (pre and post trip), following up to resolve problems as they arise.
- Prepares regular financial statements on the condition of the Center and producing timely and accurate financial information, including budget projections and analysis.
- Performs office management duties; directs the workflow and supervises the processing of administrative and personnel paperwork; reviews paperwork for accuracy and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Assists director, manager and others in resolving budget and other business problems related to the Center operations.
- Perform related duties as required, including but not limited to the following: take and transcribe all minutes for Center-related meetings; initiate special payroll authorizations (SPAR), J1 and H1B visa applications; compose offer letters and payroll authorizations for individuals tied to Center accounts; process paperwork for unit's financial transactions, including Procard purchases; and place orders with vendors and follow up to assure timely delivery.
- Schedules appointments and meetings for director.
- Review administrative and internal operation procedures to implement operations and/or fiscal policies.
- Transmits authoritative information and serves as a resource to students and others regarding fiscal and administrative policies and procedures governing the Center.
- Independently composes, prepares and/or edits standard correspondence and reports containing information that requires thorough knowledge of policies, procedures and data sources.
- May represent director to other University offices, the public or outside organizations to gather or transmit information that affects operations of the Center.
- As needed or assigned, may be responsible for special short term or ongoing projects that require planning, coordination and supervision.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience including 4-8 years' experience in a progressively responsible administrative position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fiscal and/or accounting functions of an organization with multiple fund sources
- Experience with electronic financial systems and spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and effectively with staff and administrators
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to contribute and participate as a team member;
- Knowledge of KFS, Infoed, or Microsoft Office products
- Previous experience in a university or college setting dealing with fiscal functions
- Experience working effectively and efficiently with multiple departments
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing.
This is a permanent full-time position. Salary will be commensurate with training and experience.
Interested applicants, please upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references via UConn Jobs, www.jobs.uconn.edu, Staff Positions. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search #2018482)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on April 12, 2018.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp .
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.