Associate Director, Undergraduate Enrollment
Job Description Summary
Under the general direction of the Assistant Vice President of Enrollment, the Associate Director of Undergraduate Enrollment maintains overall responsibility for all activities related to the recruitment of undergraduate students within their assigned team of Enrollment Counselors.
The Associate Director leads the recruitment and interview process, and manages prospective student communications from the point of initial contact through registration of first term courses and through the first week of courses.
***In addition to resume, please submit the following document(s) for consideration.***
1. Cover Letter
2. Reference Letter 1
3. Reference Letter 2
Duties and Tasks:
- Lead the training and management of student acquisition efforts for a team of 10 - 12 Enrollment Counselors. Bring best practices in student acquisition and retention activities from both traditional and online environments.
- Ensure an outstanding enrollment through first term registration experience for undergraduate online students.
- Ensure a smooth transition between Enrollment Counselors and Academic Advisors.
- Develop Enrollment Counselors into confident performers, potential leaders and mentors.
- Work collaboratively to ensure that enrollment, retention, student satisfaction, and revenue objectives are achieved.
- Set prospective student communication plan from the point of initial contact through first term registration.
- Assist in overseeing the Admissions Operations/Quality Assurance team that processes documents and monitors compliance of admissions staff with all internal and external policies and regulations.
- Assist in developing strategies for the mining of prospective applicant data, and create a plan for outreach and follow through that maximizes enrollment potential of qualified students.
- Create and sustain a culture of excellence, community and integrity.
- Assist in providing clear processes to ensure employees have a solid understanding of their roles and responsibilities.
- Assist in developing strategies for involving alumni and current students in the recruiting and mentoring process.
- Ensure compliance with all Saint Leo policies and all federal, state and accreditation requirements.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university required.
- Proficiency with MS Office and managing databases.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills in excel and the ability to learn new computer programs quickly.
- Effectively communicate with team members and other departments
- Excellent customer service skills and problem solving abilities
- Proven ability to work with both traditional and non-traditional students with diverse backgrounds and needs.
- Proven ability to establish rapport with students, faculty, alumni, employers and staff colleagues.
- Able to work well with diverse personalities throughout the university
- Ability to build strategies to assist in new student recruitment
- Manage team member to ensure university students have a positive experience throughout the enrollment process.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends in addition to regular schedule. One weekly evening is mandatory. Periodic Saturday schedule is mandatory. Schedules subject to change.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.