PT Administrative Assistant
Department: Enrollment Center
Location: Western Campus
Reports To: Director-Enrollment Center
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req110
Employment Type: Part-Time Support Staff
Vacancy Number: 151-18
Union Position: Union
Work Schedule: Monday-Thursday 10am-3pm
Number of Openings: 1
Provides functional supervision,coordinates activities of support personnel and performs a variety of complex /diversified tasks related to unit operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists unit by scheduling and coordinating support activities
- Organizes and prioritizes activities to conform to unit and college policies and procedures.
- Prepares composite reports as well as other unit reports using appropriate computer software
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of unit operations.
- Handles resolution of operational problems
- May compile necessary data for budget preparation and monitor expenditures against unit budget.
- May prepare and input requisitions and BCRs into the Banner information system
- May track processing of budget forms including requisitions, check requests, travel checks, petty cash and travel related
- May prepare necessary letters, reports, manuals, forms, agreements, and related materials using computer and college's word processing.
- Functionally supervises student assistant in the assigned unit
- Performs other related duties within the job grade and job classification as assigned
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
- Two years of experience servicing students in an academic setting
- One year of previous functional supervisory experience
- Keyboarding, basic math, basic grammar, basic or standard level word processing (MS Word), basic or standard level spreadsheet applications (Ms Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
- Associate degree
- Knowledge of Banner Student Information System Ability to operate 10-key adding machine
- Ability to file by alpha and numeric
Work is performed in an office setting with moderate noise level. The work schedule is standard college business days/times.
Special Note:This is a Part-time (1199/SEIU) Bargaining Unit position, Grade 04, with a starting hourly rate of $14.66. Part time (1199/SEIU) bargaining unit employees at Cuyahoga Community College will be considered first for vacant positions.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.