ICTR RESEARCH RECRUITMENT PROGRAM MANAGER
JOB NO.: 93752-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: SMPH/ICTR/RES ED&CAREER DEVELP
Categories: Extension, Outreach, Public Engagement, Health Care, Medical, Social Services, Research, Scientific, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 93752-AS
Working Title: ICTR Research Recruitment Program Manager
Official Title: SR ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07BN) or ADMIN PROGRAM SPEC(R07DN)
Hiring Department: A532940-MEDICAL SCHOOL/ICTR/RES ED&CAREER DEVELP
Anticipated Begin Date: MAY 01, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $75,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree in Health Science, Health Management, Public Health, or related field required; Master's degree preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Minimum 3-6 years of clinical research experience with progressive responsibilities and a focus on human subjects recruitment to be considered for the Admin Program Specialist.
- Minimum 7 years of clinical research experience with progressive responsibilities and a focus on human subjects recruitment to be considered for the Senior level Admin Program Specialist
- Experience within an academic health care setting preferred.
- Superior communication, interpersonal, organizational, project management, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think strategically and understand diverse research stakeholders;
- Strong leadership skills.
- Experience with and knowledge of digital and innovative media relevant to research recruitment.
- Working knowledge of regulations associated with clinical research.
License or certificate:
Nationally and locally, subject recruitment and retention remains one of the most challenging aspects of conducting high quality clinical research. Housed within the Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (ICTR), the new Research Recruitment Program will develop innovative strategies to improve participant enrollment in clinical research system-wide. Under the direction of the ICTR Associate and Assistant Executive Directors, this position will lead the development of a recruitment-dedicated program charged with advancing and optimizing the UW clinical research recruitment environment and performance.
The School of Medicine and Public Health has a deep and profound commitment to diversity both as an end in itself but, also as a valuable means for eliminating health disparities. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
B Delorse Harrington
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants:
To begin the application process please click on the 'Apply Now' button. You will be asked to create a profile and upload a cover letter, resume and a list of 3 references including one (current/former) supervisory reference. For maximum consideration, Please be sure that your cover letter addresses how you meet the required and preferred qualifications, if not clearly evident in your resume.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Mar 29 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Apr 26 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time