Custodial Crew Leader
Custodial Crew Leader
Custodial Crew Leader
Union Administration - 163110
Is this an internal posting only?
**This position is open to internal candidates at the University of North Texas.**
The University Union is committed to the principles of good educational practice and utilizes its resources to provide and enhance services and programs to the UNT community that interface with academics. The Union serves as the community center of campus for students and their parents, faculty, staff, and the surrounding community. Our primary purpose is to provide needed services and programs that enhance student developmental needs for social, recreational, cultural, and educational co-curricular endeavors. We assist students to become good citizens of a global community prepared to function successfully in a diverse world.
The Union Administration Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Custodial Crew Leader to join our team.
The Union Custodial Crew Leader supervises full time and part time positions. Assists the Union Maintenance & Operations Manager in the planning and directing of the custodial care of the University Union. This also includes maintaining the immediate perimeter spaces, walkways and general seating areas.
The Custodial Crew Leader adheres to task specific cleaning guides to include but not limited to LEED Green Cleaning policies and procedures as administered by the University Union.
The Custodial Crew Leader will administer daily, weekly and monthly cleaning quality audits and will also validate the effectiveness of the overall training and effectiveness of the custodial care of the University Union.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Manages cleaning schedules and or duty lists by shift (AM/PM/Deep Shift).
* Assist in the hiring, training and supervising of full time and part-time custodial staff.
* Applies established policies and procedures in order to maintain high levels of cleanliness.
* Applies cleaning and sanitation guidelines, disinfecting protocols in controlling cross-contamination of bacteria and germs.
* Maintains a safe working environment for all full time and part-time custodial and service staff.
* Familiarity with the Union and Campus-Wide safety guidelines and procedures.
* Provide training on custodial equipment to include but not limed to industrial floor cleaning equipment, high pressure washing cleaning systems and deep cleaning equipment.
* Oversees scheduled trash collection to and from the recycling center and the dock trash compactors.
* Supervises recycling duties, activities, daily collection and data collection.
* Supervises and maintains consumable stock levels for floor and surface cleaning solutions, restroom accessories, trash and recycling liners.
* Wears personal protective equipment as necessary for the job.
* Oversees the check-out procedures of staff walkie-talkie radios
* Performs other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a High school diploma/GED equivalent and three years of related experience with some
experience in a lead or supervisory role. Substitution of education for experience allowed. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
* Ability to keep records and complete forms accurately.
* Ability to direct and manage the work of others.
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: measuring).
* Physical ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, operating
equipment, and lifting.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience working with college students, campus and community groups.
* Ability to establish rapport, maintain and build ongoing positive relationships with all visitors to the University Union.
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
Special Instructions to Applicants
** This position is open to internal candidates at the University of North Texas.**
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting