Student Systems Portfolio Manager
8AM - 5PM
$93,650 - $130,150
The Student Systems Portfolio Manager reports into the technical organization but acts as the lead business liaison for key student information systems, with a focus on those supporting Enrollment Services and Student Business Services. A critical part of this position is serving as the student information system (Banner) Functional Lead. Acting as the Banner Functional Lead, the incumbent develops and submits functional requirements and project plans for Banner enhancement and support requests as well as new module / integration implementations; monitors and manages incoming support tickets from campus users; serves as the functional lead coordinator for all vendor solution releases, upgrades, and patches. The Student Systems Business Manager leads a small team of business analysts that provide data analytics, ensure data integrity, author requirements documents for system integrations, perform system acceptance testing and provide user training on new forms, rules and business processes in direct support for the Enrollment Services functions.
Strong critical thinking, persuasion/negotiation, mentoring, leadership/management, problem solving, human resources policies and procedures relating to management responsibilities.
Demonstrated skill in managing technical staff.
Excellent oral and written communication, quantitative and analytical skills.
Advanced skills and methodologies associated with process and software design, modification and implementation.
Knowledge of related areas of IT.
Knowledge relating to the design of processes and software across the organization.
Advanced knowledge of business and process analysis functions.
Knowledge of business analysis processes and procedures and alignment and compliance with applicable policy and regulation.
Demonstrated ability and knowledge leading projects associated with the use of integrated student information systems.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview