Night & Billing Coordinator
Salary: $46,604 - $61,137
Title: Night & Billing Coordinator
Department: University Library
Date Posted: 03/29/2018
Position Information: The incumbent in this position serves as the Night & Billing Coordinator in the Orbach Science Library and is responsible for the direct supervision of 1 FTE staff and the monitoring of up to 2 FTE Student Assistants in the evenings and Sundays; oversees, manages, and is responsible for the functional operation of the Unit and the Orbach Science Library in the evenings and on Sundays; administers all Circulation/Reserve Desk activities and services, the closing the library facility, and coordination of emergency situations with the Security Services Unit. The incumbent provides circulation and reserve services and is responsible for administering and coordinating Orbach Science Library billing/fines policies and procedures.
Must be able to work Sunday-Thursday 3:15pm-12:15am during the academic year.
Minimum Requirements: Demonstrated ability to manage and organize varying workloads, establish priorities, and to analyze and manage billing services.
Experience working with the public in a service oriented environment.
Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work successfully in an intensely collaborative environment with a broad range of people from culturally diverse backgrounds including colleagues, administrators, students, faculty, donors, and alumni.
Familiarity with processing bills for fines or fees.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Experience using an integrated library system, such Millennium or Alma.
Experience working with MS Office, email programs and the internet. Ability to learn specialized software.
Ability to apply special attention to detailed tasks.
Ability to bend, stoop, lift and push loaded book trucks weighing up to approximately 250 lbs.
Ability to successfully pass a background check.
Must be able to work flexible hours for staffing in backup situations, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Hours may vary from quarter to quarter.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Recent and effective supervisory or work leader experience (such as hiring, training, coaching, delegating, evaluating, and motivating others).
Academic library experience.
Experience working at a Circulation Desk.
Experience closing a library facility.
Experience using a document scanner and Adobe Acrobat software in scanning and manipulating scanned images.
Demonstrated user of an online Accounts Receivable System.
Experience handling safety and emergency situations.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview