Financial Services Analyst
Salary: $53,700 - $79,800
Title: Financial Services Analyst
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Architects & Engineers
Date Posted: 03/29/2018
Position Information: As a member of the Architects & Engineers financial and administrative support team, the Financial Services Analyst reports to the Chief Financial & Administrative Officer. This position provides professional level business services concepts and knowledge to the Planning, Design, & Constructions Services unit to resolve complex financial issues. Utilizes independent judgment in making decisions and problem solving. Independently processes a large volume of reimbursements and payables for diverse services and vendors. Responsible for reporting various types of financial data. Provides support for the A&E financial services functions and participates in year-end closing. Expected to function independently with minimal supervision and rely on experience and judgment, as necessary.
Minimum Requirements: Strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills, service orientation, active listening, critical thinking, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, organizational skills, effective verbal and written communication skills, sound judgment and decision making; ability to develop original ideas to solve problems.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Leadership skills to provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to professional and support staff.
Strong proficiency in the use of spreadsheet and database software.
Ability to function effectively as a member of a team.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Thorough knowledge of financial data management and reporting systems.
Thorough knowledge of financial processes, policies and procedures.
Ability to display initiative and remain flexible in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Ability to organize work, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional working relationships, and work as part of a team to achieve departmental goals and objectives
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of UC policies and procedures related to finance, purchasing, payroll, personnel, human resources, travel, and entertainment.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview