CHASS Enrollment Management Support
Salary: $45,623 - $65,438
Title: CHASS Enrollment Management Support
Department: CHA&SS Student Affairs
Date Posted: 03/29/2018
Position Information: The Student Affairs Assistant provides analysis and oversight as well as complete primary tasks in several areas of functional responsibility for academic departments in the College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences. Regular responsibilities include course maintenance, scheduling and enrollment management; administrative analysis, database development and maintenance; and administrative support. Duties will vary as required by individual department needs.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
Demonstrated experience working with databases and analyzing data.
Ability to learn new technical skills efficiently.
Skill in working as part of an administrative team and collaborating with colleagues. Skill in sharing workload and communicating effectively in a team environment.
Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction.
Demonstrated experience in an office environment providing administrative support for staff and faculty, including the coordination of multiple concurrent administrative activities. Ability to work effectively in a strong service environment that is subject to constantly changing priorities.
Superior oral and written communication skills to effectively and professionally communicate using tact and diplomacy with internal and external campus community. Demonstrated skill in identifying the correct issues to be communicated, the appropriate audience, the method of communication, and the timing of the communication.
Skill in using Microsoft products, such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook. Skill in creating spreadsheets and reports using Microsoft Word and Excel. Skill in exporting/importing data from or to different software applications or data collection and retrieval.
Skill in reading and understanding complex and/or detailed documents such as proposals, contracts, policies, and procedures.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience scheduling and maintaining courses at an institution of higher education (especially employing the Banner Student Information System)
Knowledge of the applicable federal and state regulations governing areas related to the responsibilities of the job including FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act).
Knowledge of the applicable UC policies and procedures governing areas related to the responsibilities of the job.
Skill in writing concise, logical, grammatically correct analytical or narrative reports.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview