Assistant Fire Marshal
$75,400 - $130,150
The Deputy Fire Marshal provides professional level fire protection services to the Campus in two major categories: 1) design and construction of new and/or modified facilities, and 2) comprehensive fire prevention services for existing facilities. The program incorporates campus compliance of fire protection codes, related regulations, industry standards, and best practices. The Fire Prevention Program has campus-wide impact and extends to all UCR owned or occupied facilities, both contiguous and off-site locations. Under general direction of the Campus Fire Marshal, the Deputy Fire Marshal acts as a delegated authority for external regulatory agencies to approve/deny activities that may impact the campus core mission. The Deputy is a Designated Campus Fire Marshal and implements the UCOP/SFM MOU, and acts on behalf of the Campus Fire Marshal as needed.
Advanced analytical and organizational skills to organize, prioritize and manage the successful completion of projects within budget and time constraints.
Advanced skill in mentoring or overseeing the work of other EH&S technical and professional staff.
Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills, including advanced political acumen and skill to effectively communicate with diverse constituencies in a highly political environment.
Advanced skill to appropriately use technology and relevant scientific equipment as required.
Advanced or expert knowledge/understanding of broad range of EH&S fields and familiarity with all EH&S fields.
Advanced skill to effectively represent the organization to state and federal authorities, and community groups.
Advanced or expert knowledge and skill in applying and interpreting applicable local, state, and federal regulations and related standards, guidelines and, as appropriate, recommend organization policy.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview