Position Number 3375
Position Classification Title Electronics Specialist
Functional Title Electronics Specialist
Position Type Staff
Facilities Operations is currently seeking to hire a skilled Electronics Specialist (Controls Technician) to:
Operate, maintain, repair, and upgrade as directed the campus building automation system (BAS), Other HVAC control equipment, and; Miscellaneous electronic systems.
This position also performs hardware and software preventive maintenance, repairs, and improvements. This position also assists with commissioning of building systems.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
•Health Insurance - NC State Health Plan (NC Smart Choice)
•Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, FSAs and more (NC Flex)
•Retirement (Teachers' and State Employees' Retirement System and Optional Retirement Program) - all employees mandated 6% pre-tax contribution each month
•Employee Assistance Program
•Vacation - new employees earn 9.33 hours each month, any unused vacation hours rolls over to new year
•Sick - employees earn 8 hours per month
•Community Service - employees earn 24 hours per year
• FMLA Leave
•Holidays - 12 paid holidays per year
•Longevity Pay - 10 years of employment
•Eligible to become a member of the State Employees Credit Union
•Employee Award Programs
•Employee Wellness Resources
ASSOCIATE'S DEGREE IN ELECTRONICS; OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE. ALL DEGREES MUST BE RECEIVED FROM APPROPRIATELY ACCREDITED INSTITUTIONS.
•Building Automation System/HVAC Controls programming experience;
•Three (3) to five (5) years of directly related experience
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Must have valid driver license.
This position is a mandatory position based on the Adverse Weather policy.
Applicants are required to upload a list of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name,
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic, or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Recruitment Range 40,451 - 51,145
Org #-Department Facilities Operations - 56404
Work Hours of Position 8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M., Monday - Friday or As Required
Job Family Operations and Skilled Trades
Competency Level Journey
Open Date 03/30/2018
Close Date 04/20/2018
Job Close Date
Number of Months per Year 12
- List of References
- Cover Letter
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following options best describes your education history?
- No Response
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Associate's Degree
- 3 years of college coursework
- 2 years of college coursework
- 1 year of college coursework
- less than 1 year of college coursework
- High School Diploma or GED
- * How many years of experience in a directly related field do you have?
- No Response
- 6 or more years
- 5 years
- 4 years
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- 4 months
- less than 4 months
- * What controls programming experience do you have?
- Automated Logic
- Johnson Controls
- Niagara AX
- * Do you have hands-on work experience with HVAC-Building Automation System controls?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu