Part-time Program Assistant, Business & Law
Title: Part-time Program Assistant, Business & Law
Position ID number: 303
Posted Date: 03/29/2018
Job Category: Hourly and Temporary
Department: Business and Law - HB&L
Position Status: Hourly/Temporary
This is a temporary position lasting until June 15, 2018
• Provide telephone and backup office coverage and support; respond to inquiries via email and direct callers to appropriate personnel. Take and deliver messages promptly and accurately; receive and distribute mail to the appropriate faculty/staff.
• Greet and welcome visitors, determine their needs, provide general information, and direct inquiries to the appropriate faculty or staff.
• Assist faculty by providing information, supplies and services.
• Maintain frequent and close communication with faculty and staff to ensure activities and events are developed in a timely manner according to the proposed calendar of events and activities.
• Interact with students and faculty to ensure dissemination of accurate information and to respond to their needs for directions and services.
• Serve as a back-up resource for The Hatchery and Business Resource Center, the Legal Studies Institute, and the Homeland Security and Criminal Justice Institute to serve faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
• Provide support in planning, developing, and logistics of events and engaged learning activities.
• Assist in updating and maintaining School of Business and Law bulletin boards and display cases.
• Utilize Colleague to access information, respond to inquiries, and run queries.
• Other duties as requested.
• Position hours are 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (M-Th)
• High School diploma required, some college preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years Microsoft Office experience and ability to type accurately required. Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, and Power Point required.
• Demonstrated computer skills and experience, using a variety of software packages, required.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision required.
• Demonstrated customer service experience, including problem solving and conflict resolution skills, required.
• Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with students, faculty, administrators, government agencies, business/industry representatives, community organizations, and the general public required.
• Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including grammar, spelling, punctuation, proofreading and editing skills required.
Please send cover letter, resume and application (link to application is listed below) to Heather Harrington at [email protected]
Work Schedule: 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday