Specialist, Student Services
The Student Services Specialist provides answers to student inquiries and questions regarding general student services, records, learning resources, and troubleshoot problems in order to maximize student satisfaction. Specialists act as student advocates when working with disputes, complaints or escalated issues. Specialists answer inbound calls and emails, and are expected to respond to student and staff inquiries in a timely manner, with the aim of resolving most issues within the first contact. Specialists must be flexible with schedules as hours may include evenings and weekends. The hours of operation are 6 am to 10 pm Monday – Friday, 7 am to 7 pm Saturday, and 10 am to 7 pm Sunday. #PJ #AA *LI-AB-EG
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer inbound phone and email requests. Ability to spend the majority of each work day logged into the phone system and available to take phone calls from staff and students.
- Identify and escalate priority issues to the appropriate team following defined business processes.
- Track all interactions within the Student Relationship Management (SRM) system, including any issue requiring escalation.
- Utilize all available resources in order to assist students and staff, including: the student handbook, knowledge bases, internal systems, and collaboration with peers/management.
- Assume responsibility for troubleshooting any student concerns in multiple systems.
- Collaborate with team members to suggest improvements for better effectiveness.
- Keep up to date with the latest technology and procedures within an online higher education environment.
- Other project or administrative duties as assigned.
- Student Services Specialists are expected to meet the email Response Time goal of 100% within 4 business hours.
- Specialists are expected to meet the Resolution Time goal of 95% of all phone and email issues resolved within 24 business hours.
- Specialists are expected to be at work on time, and complete each shift, on days scheduled.
- Specialists are required to meet minimum productivity and quality standards established for the respective contact type (phone, email, etc.).
- Specialists are expected to maintain high Quality Assurance scores to ensure information accuracy and student/staff satisfaction.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including conflict resolution skills and the ability to listen and probe to effectively interpret student questions and provide accurate and useful information.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated with good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt and be flexible, to successfully maintain personal effectiveness in an environment of change. This includes the ability to effectively adjust to working with new support structures, processes, requirements and cultural elements.
- Collaboration skills. Working effectively and cooperatively with others and establishing and maintaining good working relationships. This includes the ability to accept feedback from management and peers.
- Drive and dedication to provide a superior service experience to every student who contacts Student Services.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and willingness to accept new challenges.
- Minimum 1 year of previous customer service experience required.
- Demonstrate competency with Microsoft Office and basic computer knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree or college experience preferred but not required.
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States