IT Project Coordinator - IMT
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
The Project Coordinator will work under the guidance of the Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) team to perform the administrative project task work. The Project Coordinator will assist project managers with internal project processes such as project induction, project approval and prioritization, contract negotiations and lessons learned. The Project Coordinator should have prior experience working with technical teams.
The Project Coordinator should have full project lifecycle experience. Also, the candidate will responsible for the PPM Student Workers by coordinating their day to day tasks.
The Project Coordinator will take the lead in administering our tools (currently SmartSheet, JIRA/Smartsheet integration, and Google sites), arranging for Professional Services when necessary.
As a Project Coordinator you must represent Azusa Pacific University well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 1 - 5 years project coordination
- Certification in one or more PM disciplines is preferred (e.g. PMP, PRINCE2).
- ITIL Foundation certification preferred.
- Experience with Smartsheet, Clarizen, MS Project, JIRA or other related project management tools.
- Experience with the Google product suite, including Google Sheets, Google Sites, Google Drive, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- The Project Coordinator will work across groups, aligning internal team members and external stakeholders
- The Project Coordinator will be the champion of Smartsheet and coordinate the setup of projects and arrange support services
- Assist Executive Director of Information Services with Portfolio Management
- Product ownership and administration of PPM tools (i.e. Smartsheet or other project management tools, JIRA and Zendesk)
- Responsible for project startup which includes launching Google site, setup in Smartsheet if necessary linkage to JIRA, etc.
- Web Design
- Smartsheet Development
- Full Software Lifecycle
- Managing several key PPM business processes including concept document, contract approval, business review, ASP survey and other processes as requested
- Provide assistance with PPM team's event planning
- Provide assistance with PPM meeting duties as needed such as note taking, assistance with data
- Provide leadership to Student Worker resources including task assignment and management, interviewing, hiring and providing daily direction
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.