Clinical Placement Administrator
Under the direction of the Dean and Chair, the Clinical Placement Administrator coordinates all clinical placements and required documentation; collaborates with faculty to review and assess needs for all clinical placements and site contracts; attends all clinical sites coordination meetings. This is a full-time, Monday-Friday position, working 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
Coordination of Clinical Placements and Sites:
- Plans, secures and coordinates all pre-licensure, MSN, and certificate program clinical placements and utilizes the Centralized Clinical Placement System (CCP) for securing clinical sites as appropriate
- Attends regularly scheduled CCP and clinical agency meetings.
- Prepares the agency-required documentation with student information and other required forms prior to students starting clinicals.
- Communicates with students and faculty clinical placements and agency necessary requirements.
- Collects and monitors documentation of agency requirements.
- Inform instructors of orientation for agencies and of students in clinical rotations.
- Maintains appropriate and accurate student information regarding clinical site and requirements for: Administrator for Criminal Background Checks, CPR, Immunizations collecting and tracking, and Drug Screenings.
- Collects clinical site evaluations and reviews information with the clinical coordinators.
- Creates letters for documentation of clinical hours.
- Maintains agency contracts and agency databases.
- Files student evaluations.
- Assist with tracking/collecting of documentation of Preceptors for the Senior practicum student.
- Assists the Administrative Assistant and Senior Administrative Assistant as needed.
- Works with faculty in each clinical course to identify future needs so requests can be executed in a timely manner.
- Maintains open communication with faculty and chair about contracts, student issues, etc.
- Meets with each clinical course coordinator regularly to evaluate current placements. Works to maintain those deemed positive and replace any not meeting our standards.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with key contacts at each agency, represents the School of Nursing at appropriate agency meetings. Attends agency meetings as necessary.
- Working with the course coordinator manages preceptored clinicals for the undergraduate program courses, securing sites, securing preceptors, developing relationships with new sites, distributing the information packet for preceptors.
- Attends clinical placement coordinator meetings and record minutes.
- Posts clinical information to the School of Nursing web page, portal and Blackboard.
- Meets with students explain clinical placement processes and concerns.
- Rotates providing reception/front desk functions including answering phone, interacting with students and visitors, sorting mail, and assisting with office equipment.
- Answers inquiries from prospective students and parents.
- Interacts, with current and prospective students, parents, graduates and clinical agency personnel professionally.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the School of Nursing Chair and Dean.
- An Associate’s degree is required.
- A minimum of three years’ office administration experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively deal with a variety of individuals. Must be able to work collaboratively with faculty and students.
- Proficient (intermediate level or above) using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to follow-up, follow-through, set priorities and adhere to deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license required. (If an RN, has an unrestricted Mass RN license).
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Knowledge of the greater Boston health care community preferred (familiar with the area’s nursing facilities and contacts in the field).
- Past experience working in an academic environment or with nursing students a plus.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.