Director of Client Support Services
The Director of Client Support Services is the leader of the Client Support Services team and provides strategic leadership to ensure Curry’s faculty, staff and students have appropriate support to make the best use of the technology in support of teaching, learning, administration, and residential living. The Director will lead the development of a service-oriented and client-centric culture by maintaining a keen focus on building relationships, enhancing knowledge-centered support, developing talent, ensuring ownership and accountability, continuous improvement, and adopting best-practices, processes and systems to achieve operational excellence.
Responsibilities include day-to-day leadership of a team of Analysts, Specialists, and student staff responsible for the operations of the Technology Help Desk, desktop and mobile devices support, technology in support of teaching, learning, administration, and residential living. The Client Support Services team functions to record, classify, troubleshoot and resolve client incidents and service requests. The team is also responsible for onboarding students and employees, ongoing training, and communicating technology related updates and outages with the community. Client Support Services will serve as an active learning environment for Curry student employees.
S/he will serve as Project Manager for client facing projects and collaborate closely with other teams within the Tech Center and community to implement, transition, and enhance services through the life-cycle.
- Oversee operations of Client Support Services team including: Technology Help Desk, desktop and mobile device support, technology supporting teaching & learning, collaborative, and public spaces, as well as residential living throughout the entire lifecycle.
- Manage projects and ongoing tasks that intersect with Client Support Services.
- Facilitate executive/VIP “white glove” service and support.
- Communicate with individual clients who escalate service issues as well as entire Curry community with updates, system outage notices, and policy changes.
- Use ticketing system to record, classify, and resolve client incidents and service requests.
- Facilitate feedback to ensure continuous quality improvement through regularly surveying the Curry community and meeting with students, key employees, departments, SGA, and etc.
- Uphold security standards for “approved” Client Support Services technology (SANS 20 Controls).
- Empower independence within clients and internal staff by ensuring knowledgebase of readily available self-help materials and media is robust and up-to-date.
- Coordinate training and onboarding for college employees and students.
- Market Client Support Services through myCurry, external sites, social media, and etc.
- Require staff to record incidents and services requests in ticketing system and provide regular reporting on ticket statistics and status of projects.
- Maintain up-to-date matrix of system owners and internal handbook for student staff.
- Implement decisive action appropriate to the position; assesses needs and concerns of the workplace environment in order to address current/future challenges and strategic plan.
- Stay abreast of up-to-date standards and best practices for client and educational technologies and systems, project management, and tools through ongoing training and professional development.
- Cross train with and mentor team members to improve overall administration of systems and applications to ensure efficient and effective delivery of technology resources.
- Develop personal training plans to enhance technical, analytical and business capability.
- Promote departmental culture of exemplary customer service through frequent communication, positive relations and prompt support.
- Maintain an effective and positive system of communication between the Technology Center and faculty, staff, administration, and the virtual team of technologists.
Policies and Procedures:
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity of the college network, systems and data.
- Comply with federal and state regulations, college policies and internal procedures.
- Recommend updates to college policies and internal procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Previous experience in higher education.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible managerial experience in an academic or similarly complex IT environment providing client support services is essential.
- Experience utilizing Agile Project Management or similar framework.
- Significant direct experience using work order tracking or service management system.
- Strong communication, collaboration, organizational and time management skills including the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and independently manage a changing workload and schedule for self and assigned student staff in a wide variety of settings and situations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and students.
- May be required to work evenings and weekends in response to support and project timing issues to minimize downtime and to respond to emergencies.
- Demonstrated experience planning, leading and managing professional IT support operations based on industry best practices and cultivating and developing high-performing teams to possess a strong service ethic, requisite technical skills, and continuous improvement mindset.
- Understanding of ITIL-based IT service management best practices, as well as industry best practice IT support and client-facing standards, strategies, solutions, and methodologies.
- Significant direct experience developing, overseeing, measuring and improving business processes using metrics reporting and analysis of key performance indicators (KPI) and service level targets and/or agreements (SLA) to achieve and sustain operational excellence.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects focused on designing and/or implementing new or significantly enhanced IT services.
- Expert collaboration and customer service skills and demonstrated experience building, maturing and managing client relationships at all levels of an organization in order to align services with functional and business needs of community.
- Proven ability to perform well under stress when confronted with emergency, critical or unusual customer situations and issues.
- Master’s Degree.
- 7+ years related experience and 5+ directly in Client Support Services.
- Certifications: Project Management.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the college, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.