Software Developer - IMT Enterprise Applications
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.comAPU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
As a Software Developer at APU, you will program and extend mission-critical systems and related technologies to design and deliver creative solutions that help staff and faculty service students according to the mission of the University. Building new capabilities for multiple customer areas, you will conduct software development from requirements review to design, testing, implementation and support. You will collaborate with other developers on solution designs and participate in peer-code reviews, as well as contribute to the standardization of procedures and approaches for review and delivery.
You will work to improve APU's web, APU Android, and iOS Mobile Applications. As part of a larger team you will ensure that integrations between the mobile applications, PeopleSoft, and other 3rd party systems are functional.
As a member of the Enterprise Applications team, you will be responsible for the development and lifecycle support of enterprise software applications and services, extending the Oracle Peoplesoft and Salesforce platforms. You will partner with Applications Administrators to provide advanced tier 3 configuration and support for enterprise application customers and join them in understanding business requirements to apply development to change requests and projects. You will work closely with database, application, and systems engineers to support continuous stable and efficient operations.
- Requires B.S. in Computer Science or related Information Technology field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Peoplesoft solutions for Higher Education, the Salesforce platform and app store, and integration technologies preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in software development and application maintenance.
- Demonstrated proficiency in development, configuration and ongoing support of software products.
- Excellent customer-service mindset and ability to confer with customer on designing solutions to meet their needs and enabling their growth through new capabilities and automation.
- Proven ability to contribute technical expertise in a team setting, improving team practices.
- Experience working with enterprise relational database systems (Oracle preferred).
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Design, code, develop, test, and continuously improve software for the APU Community
- Meet with customers, and follow emerging patterns for user experience, to gather ideas for enhancements and new products, working with a product manager for roadmap.
- Provide advanced tier 3 support to products used by multiple functional departments.
- Encourage and perform development disciplines and practices, including documentation, issue tracking, design/code reviews, and unit and functional testing, introducing standards and practices as needed.
- Work with application administrators, data analysts and other team members to understand and implement new features and product improvements in functionality and usability.
- Integrate new software and services with those existing.
- Learn new technologies in support of the above.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.