10005366 Product Manager - Learning Experience Online
Product Manager - Learning Experience Online (LEO)
Exempt, Regular, 100%-Time, Pay Grade 3.3
Learning Design and Solutions
Location: Largo, MD
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Product Manager for its learning experience online (LEO) in the Strategy & Learner Experience team to support the academic technologies that comprise the online classroom. The LEO Product Manager will oversee the enhancement request backlog, prioritize requests and work directly with the product development team on implementation.
The LEO Product Manager should have strong skills in the areas of organization, technical aptitude and driving completion of initiatives of varying size and complexity through a heavily matrixed environment. The LEO Product Manager should be able to understand the needs of the academic business area along with an in-depth understanding of the technical landscape of the learning environment.
The LEO Product Manager will report to the Associate Vice Provost – Strategy & Learner Experience.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Collaborate with academic partners (e.g., schools, academic technologies) to translate requirements into user stories for the development teams to implement
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation
- Work with project managers and technical leads to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles, and determine development sprint schedules
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications (greening/grooming) for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams
- Ambassador for the product and serve as the primary technical contact for queries related to the product
- Work with key stakeholders across the academic units to ensure successful product releases
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, IT or related discipline
- 8+ years of work experience in a mid-to large-sized organization
- Knowledgeable about the learning environment, what can be done and what cannot.
- Technical background and familiar with system integrations, specifically with academic standards from IMS.
- Experience with independently managing complex projects related to higher education, academic administration, and other closely related initiatives.
- Experience with other cross-functional initiatives is required.
- Experience with the following technologies preferred: Desire2Learn, Adobe Experience Manager, Jira, Confluence, LTI