Program Manager, Inclusion & Equity Education
This is a pilot position, currently funded through June 2020, with annual renewal contingent on job performance.
- Co-curricular Dialogue programs
- Support the continued development, and lead the implementation of our co-curricular dialogue programs, including those focused in residential and leadership contexts. Specific duties will include: annual planning; facilitator recruitment, selection, training and supervision; program logistics, including scheduling, rooms and materials; and program assessment.
- Of particular importance with this new range of programs, will create and lead marketing initiatives to increase interest and participation by undergraduate and graduate students.
- Develop and support ongoing cadre of trained student facilitators available for range of IEE programs (building from current FORWARD program).
- Support Director and colleagues' work on IEE curricular dialogue initiatives, such as dialogue courses, and for-credit participation in other programs.
- Serve on DU DialogUes consortium (campus wide working group connecting units interested and involved in dialogue programs) and other related work groups as assigned
- Develop content for and facilitate other IEE offered trainings, events and informational resources for the student body
- Provide consultation to individuals, offices and organization around student-impacting diversity, inclusion and equity
- Participate in developing this new overall program area, including general framework, portfolio offerings, and annual goals
- Plan, monitor and reconcile budgets for specific programs
- Supervise graduate and undergraduate student staff
- Craft and implement program evaluations, documenting and reporting evidence around program effectiveness and impact
- Support Divisional initiatives and through committee service, event participation, etc
- Contribute to field of knowledge and practice through research, writing and professional association participation
- Master's degree in intercultural communication, social psychology, conflict resolution, identity/ cultural studies, higher education or other job-related field
- 3 years' experience in higher education student programming
- Experience managing challenges associated with deep dialogue programs: intergroup, sustained and/or other models
- Experience implementing educational programs
- Experience working with diverse students, staff and faculty in a wide variety of situations
- Experience with student and/or volunteer staff supervision
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of diversity, inclusion and equity through past experience education, and the ability describe the values associated with these principles
- 3 years' experience in higher education setting with programs focusing on diversity, social justice, intergroup relations and/or dialogue
- Fluency in language beyond English
- Work/life experience beyond the US
- Demonstrated experience with program assessment and new program development
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.