Vice President for Finance and Management
The Finance and Management Office at Buffalo State, State University of New York, seeks candidates for the position of Vice President for Finance and Management.
Buffalo State College seeks applications for the position of Vice President for Finance and Management (VPFM). The VPFM reports directly to the President, serves as Chief Financial Officer for the campus, and is a key member of the senior leadership team working in close partnership with team members to plan and implement the strategic objectives of the campus.
The VPFM has administrative responsibility over a broad array of operations in the division including finance; business operations; facilities planning, construction and maintenance; human resource management; risk management; campus safety and security; and sponsored program administration. The VPFM provides leadership for the institution’s efforts to pursue innovative business practices and develop operating strategies that enhance efficiencies and lead to cost-effective administration.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and proven senior administrator able to provide vision, leadership and oversight to the varied functions within the Finance and Management division, as well as advance current strategic directions of the campus. Candidates should be committed to transparency, shared governance, consultative decision making and continuous improvement. The successful candidate will inspire units to work collaboratively, skillfully, and effectively to serve Buffalo State’s mission consistent with the strategic plans of the college and the Finance and Management division.
- An undergraduate degree, with longstanding experience in leadership positions at institutions of similar size and scope.
- Direct experience and demonstrated excellence in one or more of the following areas: finance; business operations; facilities planning, construction and maintenance; human resource management; risk management; campus safety and security; and sponsored program administration.
- Demonstrated success as a motivational and transformational leader.
- The ability to excel in a complex, high demand environment, managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Successful experience as an open and transparent communicator who is able to explain sophisticated concepts to a variety of stakeholders.
- The highest standards for personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- A profound respect for diversity and inclusive excellence in higher education.
- An advanced degree in business administration, public administration, or other relevant field with progressive experience in administration and finance.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or similar certification.
- Demonstrated success in a leadership role in finance or business in a higher education environment.
- Knowledge of New York State regulations and SUNY governance, policies and procedures, or in a state with a similar regulatory system of governance and procedures.
- Successful executive experience in a public, unionized higher education institution with an appreciation for and support of shared governance.
Qualified applicants may apply online at https://jobs.buffalostate.edu
Buffalo State is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and committed to respect for diversity and individual differences.