Senior Data Analyst - Undergraduate Student Financial Services
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
The person in this position is the lead data analyst and is responsible for the configuration and day-to-day management of the PeopleSoft data system within a designated module. This data expert understands the configuration, regular use, and data of the PeopleSoft module and translates between business, data, and technical resources. The Lead Data Analyst writes and/or modifies departmental queries, letters, and reports as appropriate with the escalated assistance of EDM. In addition, this position sets standards for use of software in the unit and serves as the liaison between the department and the EDM Systems Analyst when technical issues need escalation. This position is tier one technical and systems support for Undergraduate Financial Aid. This person troubleshoots, researches and proposes solutions for any systems issues that are reported before escalating to the EDM Systems Analyst if necessary. The Data Analyst is involved in testing the quarterly updates to the system.
As the Lead Data Analyst this position is also responsible for the training and support of the regular Data Analysts while they perform all the duties listed above. This position also trains and supports the Data Processing Associate. He/she also helps to oversee, coordinate, provide support for, troubleshoot, and evaluate projects and processes among them. The Lead Data Analyst will also provide a key role in implementing, planning for, and supporting new projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 3-5 years experience configuring and managing a Data System for a higher education institution or similar institution.
- Experience with Financial Aid preferred but not required.
- Experience with PeopleSoft preferred but not required.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Support and train Data Analysts and Data Processing Associate
- Help to oversee, coordinate, and evaluate projects and processes.
- Assist Associate Director in evaluating employee performance and workload
- Technical liaison and support for department. Works with the Systems Analyst in EDM to coordinate all technical issues.
- Responsible for configuration of specific data module. Coordinates configuration updates and changes for each academic year.
- Creates and runs queries, develops letter merge processes, analyzes data, and audits business processes as needed by staff.
- Participates in troubleshooting a break when it occurs in the module or any other financial aid process and then assist in the fix.
- Processes external files upload between departments and outside agencies.
- Works with EDM to coordinate and test periodic patches and bundles to the PeopleSoft system.
- Trains staff within specific module to use functionality of specific module software and researches improving software processes.
- Maintains training and procedure manuals.
- Regular punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.