Director of Inclusive Excellence
The Director of the Office of Inclusive Excellence serves as a key member of the Division of Student Affairs. Reporting directly to the Dean for Diversity, Inclusion and Student Engagement, the Director will assist the Dean with the planning and implementation of all programs and services provided by the Office. Additionally, the Director is responsible for providing support for the multicultural, religious, social justice, gender and sexual identity student organizations.
ESSENTIAL AND RELATED FUNCTION
- Assist in the planning, execution and assessment of campus-wide programs, events, cultural celebrations and community service endeavors
- Provide opportunities for diversity based conversations and forums
- Recruit, hire and provide on-going training of faculty, staff and student diversity trainers and OIE student staff
- Collaborate with campus constituents to provide support for diverse communities
- Provide support for student organizations that fall under the OIE umbrella
- Provide individual, holistic student support and mentoring
- Assist with the coordination of The Black/ African-American Alumni mentoring program designed to support current undergraduate students
- Serve on university committees as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
A master’s degree in student affairs, college student personnel, educational leadership or related field. Three to five years of experience in a collegiate setting or professional environment working with people from historically underrepresented populations. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable of issues and best practices related to diversity, inclusion, social justice, equity and intersectionality. Excellent written, verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills are essential. Must be able to collaborate across departments and with constituents within the Washington and Lee and Rockbridge communities.
To view full job description, and to apply online, visit https://apply.interfolio.com/49853
Washington and Lee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such, we are interested in candidates who are committed to high standards of scholarship, performance and professionalism and to the development of a campus climate that supports equality and diversity in our faculty, staff and student body. Job description requirements are representative, but not all‐inclusive of the knowledge, skill, and abilities needed to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.