Director of Nursing
Texas Lutheran University invites applications for a full-time, 12-month position as Director of Nursing. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing visionary leadership and administrative oversight of all aspects of the University’s BSN program. The Director will report to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and begin duties in summer 2018.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure continuing approval by the Texas Board of Nursing and accreditation by the AACN-CCNE
- Recruit, develop, verify, and maintain qualified faculty and staff
- Maintain effective administrative organization and operations for the Nursing program
- Implement policies to ensure successful recruitment, progression, and graduation of students, and licensing of graduates
- Ensure the availability of student clinical practicum rotations, simulation labs, and preceptorships based on curriculum and student learning needs
- Plan, develop and implement comprehensive evaluation and assessment plans for the nursing program, including its personnel, component organization and operations, and curriculum
- Represent the Nursing program in the community and serve as liaison to community health care facilities, resources, and to other nursing programs
- Work with appropriate University offices to acquire grants, gifts, and other resources for the Nursing program
- Engage with a culturally diverse student body to identify needs and support programs that enhance the TLU student experience
Requirements for the position include:
- Current license or privilege to practice as a Registered Nurse in Texas
- Earned master’s degree in Nursing and an earned doctoral degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities in a transformational and transparent leadership role within a nursing program
- Minimum of three (3) years teaching in a baccalaureate nursing program
- Demonstrated clinical expertise in one or more specialty areas of nursing
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and learning consistent with the program mission, vision, values, and program outcomes
- Affirmation of the mission of Texas Lutheran University, a nationally-recognized institution of the liberal arts and sciences in the Lutheran tradition (ELCA)
- Understanding of and appreciation for a church-related university
Preference may be given to candidates who have experience working within the rules, laws, and regulations relating to BSN programs in Texas.
Salary is competitive, with excellent benefits. Texas Lutheran University is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church (ELCA) in America. The ELCA’s 26 colleges and universities value and practice academic freedom while preparing women and men for lives of leadership and service in a diverse world. TLU is also a Hispanic Serving Institution. For more information consult our website at www.tlu.edu .
Please submit a letter of application addressing the above criteria; curriculum vitae; a statement of administrative, leadership, and teaching philosophies; and contact information for five professional references (names, addresses, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers). All applications will be considered highly confidential. Electronic submissions are preferred; paper documents will be accepted. All materials should be sent to:
Texas Lutheran University
1000 West Court Street
Seguin, TX 78155-5999
Fax (830) 372-6409
Ph (830) 372-8017
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be ongoing, with priority given to applications received by April 10, 2018. Texas Lutheran University has been recognized as a “Great College to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education for the past eight years and is also on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and also is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). Texas Lutheran University is committed to diversity.
Apply for Director of Nursing
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly