Senior Director of Business Continuity & Incident Response
Elgin Community College
Senior Director of Business Continuity & Incident Response
Elgin Community College (ECC) is a comprehensive, fully accredited community college located in Elgin, Illinois, one of its most rapidly growing cities. Our district encompasses 360 square miles, serving 400,000 people, 11,000 businesses with four public school districts and 15 high schools. ECC was selected as one of five Illinois community colleges to participate in the national Achieving the Dream (AtD) initiative. is a long-term national initiative that collaborates with community colleges to help more students earn degrees, complete certificates, or transfer to four-year institutions to continue their studies. The park-like setting of our 145 acre Main Campus offers instruction spanning nine major buildings with beautiful views. ECC also offers classes throughout the northwest suburbs of Chicago with more than 100 off-campus locations.
This individual is responsible for leading the college community through any situations posing a threat to the college, and ensuring business continuity across all divisions and under all circumstances. Responsibilities will include working with all divisions in the organization in developing and maintaining a college-wide business continuity plan and emergency operations plan (EOP). Additionally, this position is responsible for developing, maintaining and executing comprehensive college-wide incident response and safety plans for students, faculty, staff and facilities at the college. The individual with work proactively with ECC Police, ECC President, ECC Chief Marketing and Communications Officer and other key internal and external stakeholders to ensure a safe and well-trained campus.
1. Working with all divisions of the College, identify the College's exposure to internal and external threats and identify assets to provide effective prevention and recovery. The expected outcome of this process will be a formal, comprehensive printed manual available for reference before, during, and after incidents, that will be continuously tested, verified, and updated and compliant with NIMS. Recommend strategies and resources to the Managing Director of Business Services to mitigate negative impacts.
2. Proactively prepare primary and secondary members of the College's Crisis Management Team (CMT) for incident response. Design, develop and conduct progressively complex training exercises with CMT members.
3. Develop, maintain and distribute all comprehensive college-wide plans for incident response. Proactively work with external emergency management resources to ensure excellent communication and support in the event of any emergency situation, including but not limited to city- and or county-wide training exercises; involvement in incident response/emergency preparedness networking communities throughout the city, county and state; and maintain a comprehensive list of external resources.
4. Work collaboratively with all ECC organizations including ECC police; marketing and communications; operations and maintenance, information technology, risk management, and health and life sciences divisions to proactively develop and execute campus education programs for potential hazards, such as health- or weather-related situations. Develop and present campus safety materials for new student and new employee orientations. Proactively communicate safety preparedness information and develop training programs for faculty, staff, administration and students on a regular basis. Keep all safety preparedness materials are up to date and accessible throughout campus and online.
5. Maintain continuous contact with ECC Police to ensure awareness and preparedness of all campus safety situations. Send out the first-level alerts in any emergency situation. Act as the Emergency Operations Coordinator (EOC) in the event of a mid- to high-level emergency.
6. Lead a cross-functional advisory committee for incident response and participate on all committees as assigned. Participate with the Behavior Intervention Team (BIT) to develop and communicate proactive measures. Maintain a "high profile" within the college by actively participating in college functions and activities.
7. Maintain current knowledge of and ensure compliance with all local, county, state and federal regulations regarding campus safety and business continuity in a higher education environment. Ensure that emergency plans meet all local, county, state and federal laws and regulations. Maintain any and all documentation necessary to comply with these laws and regulations. Review and recommend revisions to all Administrative Procedures applicable to business continuity, campus safety and incident response/emergency preparedness. Maintain current certifications in ICS, NIMS, IEMA and/or FEMA series or related training programs. Recommend equipment purchases, develop memo of understanding (MOU's), and build relationships with the community
1. Bachelor's degree required in an applicable discipline such as Information Management, Information Technology, Business or related field.
2. Minimum three years supervisory/project management experience.
3. Minimum three years experience developing and maintaining business continuity plans.
4. Minimum three years incident response/emergency preparedness experience.
5. Training certifications in ICS, NIMS, IEMA and/or FEMA series or related training programs preferred or must be able to obtain any missing certifications with 120 days of employment.
6. Solid working knowledge of state/federal laws pertaining to incident response/emergency preparedness.
7. Excellent oral, written and overall communication skills.
8. Ability to perform responsibilities in a high-stress situation.
9. Ability to successfully manage complex crisis situations and provide guidance to senior leadership.
10. Ability to be available during duration of emergency situations.
1. Master's degree in related field preferred..
2. Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) or Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP) or equal certification preferred.
3. Experience working in a higher education environment.
For a detailed job posting and to apply, please visit our web site at: jobs.elgin.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52471
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment, Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.