Job Class #
Type of Position
(For Student Employment and Graduate Assistant Only; state hours per week)
Health Services - 02540000
Within limits and plans of clinical work flow and as delegated by the medical director, supervise patient care to assure that medically indicated treatments are implemented and completed. Staff physicians function as the principal health care providers and are medically, ethically, and legally responsible for the care of patients at the Illinois State University Student Health Service. To provide or, when designated as a team leader, to oversee the provision of high quality primary health care to patients determined to be eligible by policy, rule, or contract, referring others for specialty care, and participating in duties necessary to the functioning of the Student Health Service.
1. Licensed physician
2. Initial Board certification in an appropriate medical specialty
3. Subsequent board recertification is highly encouraged
4. Three years of experience in the practice of ambulatory primary care medicine
5. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Medical Professional Degree (MD, DO)
2. Board eligible or board certified in a primary care specialty
3. One year of experience in a college or university student health clinic or center
4. One year experience in the use of electronic health records systems
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
9 month (August > May) appointment that is typically 7.5 hours per day Monday through Friday.
Proposed Starting Date:
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Please prepare in advance separate documents representing a cover letter, reference list (at least three professional references and contact information), and resume/C.V. to attach to this application.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity, and Access at 309-438-3383.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Required Applicant Documents
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply For This Posting".
Optional Applicant Documents
Certification of Retirement Annuity (required for SURS annuitants only)
Civil Service Test
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Manual dexterity required to perform general office exams and procedures.
2. Hearing abilities required to perform physical examinations and effectively communicate with patients.
3. Visual abilities required to perform physical examinations. Ability to distinguish colors.
4. Ability to repeatedly move from standing to sitting throughout the day.
5. Ability to move between exam rooms and offices throughout the day.
6. Ability to effectively communicate on a daily basis.
7. Ability to conduct or attend meetings in various locations on and off campus.
8. Ability to maintain a high level of concentration.