Senior Financial Systems Analyst
Coordinator, Senior Financial Systems Analysis
Senior Financial Systems Analyst
Job Class #
Type of Position
(For Student Employment and Graduate Assistant Only; state hours per week)
Administrative Technologies - 03380000
The Senior Financial Systems Analyst is responsible for auditing campus financial systems, evaluating processes, and identifying requirements for future campus short & long term financial planning and metric-based forecasting systems.
This position evaluates existing systems and processes through the review of existing documentation as well as conducting meetings with various campus groups. This position will play a central role in aligning the financial system needs of senior leadership with the daily business activities in departments.
The Senior Financial Systems Analyst will be responsible for documenting processes, gathering requirements, and the identification and recommendation of future campus short & long term financial planning and metric-based forecasting systems designed to address the need for a dynamic and user friendly financial planning and management reporting system.
This is a 12-month, date definite, project driven appointment.
Remote work options may be available.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Business or similar from an accredited institution
2. 1 year experience in higher education administrative systems
3. 15 years management experience overseeing financial management including accounting and reporting
4. 5 years of experience with complex, large scale, integrated financial systems covering multiple functional areas including General Ledger, Payroll, AP Payment, Procurement, Accounts Receivable, and Financial Reporting
5. Ability to identify issues and risks to a project early and escalate to management
6. Ability to analyze large amounts of detailed information, quickly understand complex issues, and break information down into smaller, more manageable pieces
7. Comfortable interacting with diverse groups, from end users to executives
8. Ability to facilitate meetings in a non-threatening manner to meet participants at their level of understanding
9. Able to drive discussions to a decision
10. Possess excellent documentation skills
11. Ability to multi-task, and manage multiple deadlines and tasks to ensure on time work completion
12. Ability to work independently and in a team environment with good communication and collaboration skills
13. Strong customer service skills along with excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
14. Ability to build collaborative relationships with a variety of Academic and Administrative employees
15. Strong organizational skills
16. Possess and demonstrate excellent analytical and critical thinking skills to assess situations, troubleshoot, and make recommendations from both strategic and tactical perspectives
17. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Master's in Business Administration
2. Six Sigma Black Belt
3. Experience with PeopleSoft ERP Applications
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Business or similar from an accredited institution
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Generally Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm with occasional weekend and evening hours as business needs dictate
Proposed Starting Date:
Special Instructions to Applicants
All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Please prepare in advance separate documents representing a cover letter, reference list (at least three professional references and contact information), and resume/C.V. to attach to this application.
Illinois State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at 309-438-3383 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Required Applicant Documents
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply For This Posting".
Optional Applicant Documents
Civil Service Test
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
Ability to work for extended periods at computer workstation.
Ability to use a computer in day-to-day work (i.e. type on a keyboard and use a mouse).
Ability to distinguish colors on a monitor.
Ability to effectively communicate on a daily basis.