Director of International Admissions
Director, International Admissions
Director of International Admissions
Job Class #
Type of Position
(For Student Employment and Graduate Assistant Only; state hours per week)
INTO International Partnership - 06180000
INTO ISU is a joint venture between ISU and INTO University Partnerships and is an initiative to increase the number of international students at ISU and to assist the university in meeting its internationalization goals. The Director of International Admissions will assist international students applying to ISU in a variety of programs: Undergraduate and Graduate Pathways; Academic English programs; special short term programs; undergraduate and select graduate direct entry programs.
The individual in this position oversees the successful admission of eligible students to ISU and is responsible for maintaining ethical recruitment standards, representing the University's and INTO North America's interests specifically in areas related to the University's admission process, developing admissions guidelines for international students based on established requirements and knowledge of educational systems abroad and continuously striving to improve operational systems, processes and policies in support of ISU's internationalization goals as they relate to the recruitment and admission of international students.
This is a new position in the growing and dynamic INTO Illinois State University (INTO ISU) Center. Duties and scope may change as the INTO ISU center and this role evolves from the start-up phase to continuous operations. We expect the candidate to help build the organization with a focus on achieving operational excellence.
INTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimatize to life on a US university campus and prepare for long-term academic success. Since 2006, INTO has launched partnerships to internationalize universities in the US, UK and Asia, including Oregon State University, University of South Florida, Colorado State University, Marshall University, George Mason University, Drew University, Saint Louis University, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Washington State University and Suffolk University.
1. Master's degree, or Bachelor's degree with 3 years of management-level experience
2. Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects to completion.
3. Strong staff management skills.
4. Previous experience in international admissions
5. Ability to implement new services and programs while maintaining existing services and programs.
6. Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills, and high degree of professionalism.
7. Highly collaborative; proven record of results-based leadership.
8. Experience in a leadership role within a fast-paced environment.
9. Significant experience working in a university environment.
10. Knowledge of information systems
11. Demonstrated ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations
12. Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, work under pressure and when necessary, with minimal resources
13. Strong analytical and decision making skills
14. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Prior experience working with an international student population
2. Knowledge of international education systems
3. Demonstrated skills in planning, prioritizing, and leading central initiatives.
4. Experience with public/private partnerships.
5. Knowledge of Salesforce, Peoplesoft, or similar systems
Master's degree, or Bachelor's degree with 3 years of management-level experience
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Generally Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm with occasional weekend and evening hours as business needs dictate
Proposed Starting Date:
Special Instructions to Applicants
All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Please prepare in advance separate documents representing a cover letter, reference list (at least three professional references and contact information), and resume/C.V. to attach to this application.
Illinois State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at 309-438-3383 or email@example.com.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Required Applicant Documents
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply For This Posting".
Optional Applicant Documents
Civil Service Test
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
Ability to effectively communicate on a daily basis.
Ability to work for extended periods at computer workstation.
Ability to use a computer in day-to-day work (i.e. type on a keyboard and use a mouse).
Ability to conduct or attend meetings in various locations across campus.