Assistant/Associate Professor of Art, tenure-track
MALONE UNIVERSITY FACULTY POSITION DESCRIPTION Department of Communication, Visual, and Performing Arts – Graphic Design and Digital Art
Position: Assistant/Associate Professor of Art, tenure-track
Starting Date: August 2018
About the position: The Department of Communication, Visual, and Performing Arts at Malone University invites applications for a tenure-track position of Assistant/Associate Professor specializing in Graphic Design and Digital Art. The successful candidate will have:
- Expertise in the following areas: typography, graphic design for print, web, and other digital mediums, as well as digital illustration and animation. 3D printing/sculpting, and other relevant skills are a plus.
- Proficiency in current design software and applications (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite).
- Expertise in the current practices and theories in graphic design and digital art.
The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills and desire to work with and nurture young designers. We are also looking for candidates who can demonstrate a continuing record of artistic production.
- The normal teaching load is 12 credits per semester.
- Teach a variety of courses in digital art and graphic design and other courses depending upon secondary areas of interest and expertise.
- Advise and mentor students.
- Engage in scholarship/creative expression and community service.
- Promote visual art and graphic design programs.
- Serve on departmental & institutional committees.
- M.F.A. or Ph.D. in graphic design or related field by August 2018.
- Strong commitment to undergraduate teaching and mentoring, professional development and scholarly research/creative expression.
- Portfolio of creative expression and evidence of ongoing efforts at creating art in his/her chosen media.
- Commitment to the Christian faith and a commitment to the integration of faith and learning in the academic discipline.
- If applying at the associate level, the candidate must meet the requirements for that rank. Associate-level candidates should have at least 6 years of teaching experience at the assistant level and an established record of scholarly and creative expression.
Learn more about the Department of Communication, Visual, and Performing Arts
The department offers three majors: 1) Communications Arts; 2) Graphic Design and Digital Art; 3) Fine Arts and Crafts.
We, the Department of Communication, Visual, and Performing Arts, are committed to the development of communicators rooted in communities, acting as agents of truth, reflection, transformation, and reconciliation in a way that celebrates God's grace and faithfulness.
Malone University is a Christian university for the arts, sciences and professions, in the liberal arts tradition. The University is affiliated with the Evangelical Friends Church – Eastern Region. The students, faculty and staff represent more than 40 denominations. Total enrollment is over 1,700 students in traditional undergraduate programs, two degree- completion programs, and 11 master's programs.
How to Apply
Application materials should include:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae,
- completed Malone University faculty application form
- Statement of Christian faith,
- Research statement,
- Teaching philosophy,
- Statement of the integration of faith and learning in the academic discipline
- Names and contact information for three professional references.
Apply to: D. Nathan Phinney, Provost
2600 Cleveland Ave NW
Canton OH 44709-3897
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin on November 15, 2017, with priority given to materials received by that date. However, applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Malone University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees and applicants for admission or employment, in all university programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or military or veteran status. Malone University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.
Contact Us: email@example.com
Apply for Assistant/Associate Professor of Art, tenure-track
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly