Instructor/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor
Department Marketing Statement
Augusta University College of Nursing is one of the largest nursing programs in the University System of Georgia. The College enrolls nearly 800 upper division and graduate students on three campuses and at several distance sites. The foundation for our programs is a technologically-infused curriculum that includes synchronous and asynchronous distance and simulated learning methodologies. We employ well-qualified full and part-time faculty members, the majority of whom hold doctoral degrees.
Our College of Nursing has an impressive history of academic excellence, leadership and innovation. As part of one of the largest academic health centers in the region, we offer you the opportunity to teach and serve with professionals across a variety of health disciplines.
As a College of Nursing faculty member, you will enjoy:
- working with nursing faculty who are leaders in their fields.
- engaging in scholarly interaction with a range of health care professionals.
- charting your own growth with access to resources to advance your professional goals.
If you share our values and commitment, we invite you to come grow with us
Job Title: Instructor/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor
Job ID: 14073
Position #: 6261
Location: Augusta Campus
Full/Part Time: Full Time
- Active license to practice nursing in the state of Georgia
- Evidence of contribution appropriate to the profession and recognition at the local level
- Comfort with technology infused instruction and interaction
- Evidence of substantial commitments in practice, instruction, and/or scholarship at the regional, national and/or international level
- Doctorate degree relevant to the area of practice
- EdD if clinical education
- DNP if in clinical or research tracks
- PhD in clinical or research tracks
- Academic teaching experience
Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package with the added bonus of working in the attractive metropolitan areas of Augusta or Athens, Georgia.
How To Apply
To be considered an applicant for this position your must apply online at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty.
Please upload your Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Professional References, etc., as one document.
Conditions of Employment
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review. For specific positions, the final candidate may be subject to a (pre-employment) physical, drug screen, and/or credit check.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree in the form of an original transcript. Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. Also, Augusta University is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.