Help Desk Support/Trainer
IT Help Desk Analyst/Trainer
The Office of Information Technology at The College of New Jersey is seeking qualified applicants for the position of IT Help Desk Analyst/Trainer. The IT Help Desk Analyst/Trainer position is a full-time position in the User Support Services Department, reporting directly to the Associate Director for USS. As part of the USS team, the IT Help Desk Analyst/Trainer serves as the primary contact for technical support requests from the TCNJ community. This position will address service requests from first contact through resolution ensuring a positive customer experience. Assignments include all aspects of user support and oversight of the service management system. This position functions independently and as part of a team with a focus on technical problem solving and providing quality customer service.
Responsibilities include hardware/software support, technical consultations, training/technical writing, student staff management and advanced troubleshooting/analysis/problem-solving. Delivery of professional support services and customer satisfaction are critical expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent experience/training
- Applicants who do not possess the required education may substitute experience on a year for year basis
- At least one (1) year of professional experience in a desktop support environment
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency in supporting PC/Mac computing environments and applications
- Advanced analytical and technical problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask in a demanding environment
- Demonstrated customer-service orientation
- Experience using and supporting a service management system to process and prioritize work assignments
- Ability to relate technical processes to users at all levels of experience
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently
- ITIL Certification(s)
- Experience within an academic environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present technical documentation and training materials
TCNJ is a highly selective, public institution that has earned national recognition for its commitment to excellence. TCNJ emphasizes the residential experience for its 5,900 undergraduate students, who benefit from a 12-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio and an average class size of only 20 students. TCNJ is one of only five public institutions included on Barron's Profiles of American Colleges list of the 75 "most competitive" colleges and universities in the United States, and of those five, TCNJ is the only primarily undergraduate institution included. TCNJ's campus encompasses 289 beautiful tree-lined acres in suburban Ewing, NJ, which is located between Trenton and Princeton in the historic Delaware Valley, and is convenient to Philadelphia, New York, the Jersey shore, and the Pocono Mountains.
To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.