This position provides customer service and administrative support for library operations
- Provides customer service support to faculty, staff, students and the general public; checks materials in and out; collects overdue fines.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Orders, organizes and inventories office and library supplies; maintains paper levels for printers and photocopiers.
- Receives and refers calls.
- Types correspondence and paperwork as assigned.
- Produces and maintains library calendars and schedules.
- Shelves books; reads and organizes shelves.
- Participates in all work at the circulation desk, such as processing interlibrary loans, reserving books, informing patrons of services available, and provides instruction on the use of the library catalog.
- Monitors library computer, media and equipment usage by patrons and provides instruction on basic use as needed.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of library operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in providing quality customer services.
The Director of Library Services assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include university and library policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of related customer service and administrative duties. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to provide administrative and customer service support for library operations. Success in this position results in the provision of quality library services to university students, faculty and staff.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, faculty, staff, students, community patrons, representatives of other libraries, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
- Associate's degree required.
- More than one year of related experience required.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.