NSOE Central Admin
The Nicholas School of the Environment (NSOE) is seeking a full-time Program Coordinator for a limited term position through June 30, 2019. This position will play an instrumental role in reviewing strategic initiatives related to the Nicholas School master's project program, covering client projects, faculty-driven group projects and a minimal number of solo projects.
Collaborate closely with the Faculty Director of Professional Studies(DPS), faculty program chairs and other faculty and staff in supporting the improvement, implementation and assessment of the client-based masters project (MP) program. Coordinate and participate in key meetings between program chairs and the DPS. Collaborate closely with the Student Services team in areas related to the MP, student degree requirements, and any student issues related to the MP.
Specific initiatives to be addressed during the appointment period:
- Develop and implement communication pathways and materials for continuing and perspective clients in partnership with CPDC and ODAR.
- Design and implement an interview process to gain knowledge of how competitor MEM programs deliver masters project experiences and management training.
- Work with program chairs, CPDC and others to implement MEM management training.
- Work with DPS, registrar and program chairs to analyze MEM courses to build a directory of courses based on skills and content delivered and highlight overlaps.
- Work with program chairs to set common standards and expectations for the MP.
- Develop standard training materials for MP advisors and MEM students.
- Develop standard MP support materials such as NDAs, team compacts and project planning templates.
- Develop and implement a process for evaluating MP outcomes, from both the student and faculty perspective.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a MP client survey.
- Work with program chairs and communications staff to design and implement improved vehicles for sharing MP results with the public.
Prefer candidates with knowledge of NSOE Master's Program and/or experience working with professional degree programs
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
2321 PROGRAM COORD
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging.
Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires one year of experience in program administration or involving academic, instructional or counseling activities to acquire skills necessary to plan, coordinate and implement a variety of program activities and events.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.