RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II - PEDS
RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II - PEDS
Perform a variety of complex technical duties involved in conducting laboratory tests, experiments and determinations in support of Duke University research operations.
- Perform a variety of complex technical duties involved in experiments and determinations to obtain data for research purposes; develop plans for research experiments; make minor modifications to existing laboratory procedures and techniques to meet the needs of the particular equipment as required.
- Prepare culture media, chemicals, reagents and solutions. Maintain sufficient inventory of material, supplies and equipment.
- Determine and set up instruments, material and apparatus and operate
- Review laboratory methods manual, scientific journals, abstracts.
- Confer with principal investigator to review work assignments and compile, analyze, document and draw tentative conclusions from experimental results.
- Obtain, prepare, mount and stain tissue, blood and other substances for microscopic examination. performance of duties; clean and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Review work of lower level laboratory personnel within designated areas and assist in training new personnel.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
951 RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology or otherscience related scientific field.
None required above education/training requirement.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.